Need Help With My J13

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
NL320Nick

I am just finishing a rebuild on a "67" J13 to install in my L320. I have rebuilt the carb and am installing it but I've found there is a arm on the intake manifold that connects to what I think is some kind of flapper valve that I think is part of the choke system but I am not sure. I think it is suposed to connect to the carb linkage does anyone know where it is to be hooked to (I could use a picture if someone can take one and send it to me) I am not sure what it should look like. My motor didnt have a carb and the one I got did'nt have that linkage neither did my motor so I don't know what it looks like. Please help I am so close to installing the motor and this is one of the last things prior to installation of the motor.

Thanks in advance

Nick

[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

mklotz70

go to www.the620.com site (tech page) and download the factory manual....that should have your info.

NL320Nick

Thanks

I have been through those manuals several times and cant find anything about the arm on the intake or where it hooks to. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks

Nick

[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

srl311too

Can you post a pix.  I can compare it to mine.

I have a factory manual w/ several carb shots. 

Cheers!
Phil

NL320Nick

I have figured out what it is when I bought my motor there was no carb so I got a used carb off of what must be a early J13 the cables hook up like the E1, I found a 67 520 that was being parted out and bought the carb off it. the accelerator cable hooks up on one side of a pivot that is on the intake the other side has a linkage that hooks up to the accelerator linkage on the carb.

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”