need help with different distributor?(engine swap)

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
justadodgeman

so my dad got another engine from a guy for his 94 d21 pickup(both are ka24e) so ive rebuilt the whole engine this week and have it all back together and come to find out the distributor from the original engine's mounting holes are not far enough apart. so wtf am I gonna have to take the whole engine apart again and use the old timing cover or can I buy a new distributor that will be perfect and not have to do any special wiring? hope yall can help I know I aint the only one to run into this problem. any help is appreciated.

Luciddreamer117
Car: 95 Extended cab Hardbody

Hey Justin, I just picked up a95 hardbody and could tell it had a timing issue soon as I seen the distributor,I seen it was rigged because it was too small to fit the bolt holes, what did you figure out, I pulled my buddies dist. From his 95 but it was also to small

justadodgeman

sorry it took so long but I had to switch the old timing cover over to the new engine because they must have different distributors on 95's from 94's. im not sure if you can just get a different distributor which is pretty expensive to work but if I were you id go to a junkyard and get a different timing cover that your distributor will fit in. just make sure it came off a ka24e block

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”