NEED HELP WITH AEM FIC

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
detune

Hi guys a friend of mine bought an AEM FIC to install in his SR20DE+T powered B14 sentra and he asked me to install it for him, i have installed safc's and speed defenders etc so i figured that this wouldnt be so hard. After searching google i only found a write up for a KA on this forum but the ecu pinout is the same diagram as the sr20de...i have all the injectors hooked up and the MAF in and out as well as the tps etc the problem i am having now is the Cam and Crank signals

now i put found the pinouts for the crank on the ecu, one is the 180* signal and the other is the 1 time signal, as per the diagram i am using. The write up said that both wire spilt in two about a foot from the ecu, this was true for one of the signal wire it goes to pins 22 and 30 (180* signal, the wire is blue with a silver dot) the other pinouts have pins 31 and 40 as the (1 time signal) but there is no wire at pin 40

so i cut the wire to pin 31 (black with white stripe) an put the CRKHALI+ on the ecu side and the CRKHALO+ on the harness side, and for the other two pins i traced them back to where they had split and before the split put the CAMHALI+ on the ecu side and the CAMHALO+ on the harness side. I then put the bypass plug on the f/ic harness and started the car....or rather attempted to start it lol

the car has 370cc sr20det injectors so it didnt idle properlt at all, i hooked up the AEM and i went in to the fuel map,MAF load and i took off -20 across the entire map and this made no difference, i then tried the same thing on the MAP load with no effect either so i tried playing aroung with the MAF voltage map this some effect when i put the same voltage output value across the rpm range (just like how the write up had it set) this resulted in a slightly better idle but i know i shouldnt have to mess around with that map its just mainly the MAF load,MAP load and ignition.

i thought maybe i had the injectors crossed but the car wouldnt start if they were so now i am thoroughly pissed off and wanting to pull my hair out....so HEELLPPPPP!!!!! please someone

here's a link to the write up zer...16559 i understand that what worked him for may not work for me

bmx269
Car: SR86

Have you solved this yet? I have just finished wiring and starting my s14 sr20det and it started first try. It was a little rough at first, then I remembered I forgot to wire in the o2 resistor. After that it idled smoother. Here is what I hooked up, inj's, cam, crank and maf in and outs. Then tapped tps, o2+, power, 3 grounds. That is it. No problems. Now for tuning. Any questions, just ask.

-Trent

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

You have a RWD SR, BMX. You'll have more luck in that section. - zeroforum?id=138

bmx269

I realize I have a rwd engine, hell it is in an ae86 corolla. I was only offering any help I can provide. I have wiring experience as my car is completely custom wired. I'm sure I have enough experience that can help. Let me know...

-Trent

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Oy, I misread your post somehow and thought there was a question in it.

Feel free to contribute in this area all you want!

bmx269

Ok first off since you are upgrading injectors, did you use the feature to change the injector sizes?

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”