need help with 02 i35 aftermarket radio

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
redliner998
Car: 2002 i35

Hi new to the forum. Recently picked up a 2002 i35 after hitting 218k on my 98 i30. She still runs but the rust was way to aggressive to keep driving along with other issues. The stock radio in the i35 keeps going in and out and the display sometimes works and other times it's writing in another language. I purchased an Audio Planet PNV9850 double din radio. I also purchased Factory radio OEM reverse Male wire wiring harness from eBay seller autoware302. Then picked up the ASWC 1 to keep the steering controls.
Questions
1. Do I need to by the Bose amp interface by scoche or the PAC?

2. Trying to do the install mysel. How do I wire up the ASWC to the rest of the unit?

3. Is the wire harness I purchased correct? My new radio has some female RCA style plugs on a harness and I'm not sure what plugs into those connectors. AV in, Video out 1+2, Sub out ....

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Trying to avoid paying for the install. I think with some guidance I can do this. :gapteeth:

redliner998
Car: 2002 i35

My stock HU is done. I purchased a planet audio pnv 9650 double din for replacement. I also purchased the metra dash kit, metra 70-7551 harness and axess ASW 1 steering wheel control. I'm having a hard time with the wiring. I have never wired a radio. But feel with some guidance I can do it. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

EdBwoy

Did the head unit come with instructions? Usually for those it is a matter of color-matching then grounding the black wire somewhere. No kidding.
Then sometimes you get the antenna wire within the dash harness/bracket kit/

I know for sure the ASWC came with instructions that required pushing the steering wheel buttons in some sequence depending on what headunit you had. I used Pioneer and Kenwood usually, and my ASWCs never seemed to automatically recognize them.

Have you actually started the process? What problems are you running into?
IF you can, post pictures of what you have and we can try to work it from there.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”