Need help! Wanting to buy a R32 Skyline GTR. I have alot of questions about this :)

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Daemos
Car: '03 Spec V

Alright here's the deal, in 3 years time I WILL have 30K Canadian to spend on a car.

I currently Drive a 03 SER Spec V.

I was recently debating on what car to get for a project car 3 years down the road and make the spec a winter car. It was between getting a used 240SX and totally mod it out...which is what I was REALLY going for, until I was reminded of the Canadian law.

"If a car is 15 years or older, it can be legally imported into canada and insured without any type of modifications whatso ever."

Which means, I can buy off some importer, or Jgarage and save money since I won't need to go through motorex to get it legalized and stuff and convert it into LHD.

Now I CAN wait a lil longer so I can get a newer one ie. the Vspec... is the Vspec worth waiting 1-2 more years to get? I'm primiarlly concerned about performance, I don't think I'll need airbags either, and if I wanted a R33 I'd have to wait atleast another 4-5 years longer.

I know I'll probally want a 1992 GTR just because they added a new side beam for protection.

But is it worth it to wait for the V spec?

How easy is it to change the Deck in the Skyline? I wanna add some Subs, change compoents and deck...

How bout adding an alarm? Is there a way to get clear corners? Is there a way to change the front top grille so I can add the GTR emblem there?

What are some Good affordable performance mods, I'm mainly concerned about suspension and handling, but some extra power mods are great. Breaks as well.

My goal is to have a 300-400 whp Street Car, with awsome handling.

I know 2-3 years is a long time...but I Wanna do all the right planning now...I got really flamed on the 240SX forums for trying to gather info now...instead of 2-3 years from now when I get the car...but the skyline has to be imported and will be VERY hard to return...so I want to makesure I plan everything correctly.

What prices am I looking to pay do you think if I don't go through motorex, cuz I don't need to.

What are some other good sites? Where can I get one from?How well do they fare in snow if I needed to drive it in snow? I live in "winter-peg" :D

Sorry for the long post, I'm VERY serious about this now :)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

come on Gurus.help the man out.

Fred...:)

Sami

Worth to wait for a V-Spec? No. You want awesome handling so you will most likely modify the suspension and that would erase the changes that were in the V-Spec.

Leave the look of the car alone, no need to touch it. Wheels would be the only change I would make if it already didn't come with some good, lightweight wheels.

No need to convert to LHD in the USA either.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well u can BUY the car through motorex (http://www.motorex.net) because they already have r32's and such in stock and then you wouldnt have to ship it here, also i dont know how hard it would be to then ship it to canada, also, no, the vspec isnt worth the wait, as sami already said, once u modify the vspec, yoiu're basically carrying the badge for nothing, also, yes after 1992 the sidebeams were inserted, good idea getting that year, rite now motorex has an r32 with 34k on it for 34k, and yes its a GTR, but as far as canadian dealers, im not sure, and as far as driving them in snow, they'll do just fine, they do have AWD remember?, of course i wouldnt want to drive my r32 gtr on salted snowy roads if i didnt have to, also, as far as 3oo-4oohp goal, this is very easy to attain with the rb26, more boost, larger injectors and you're practically there, the r32 gtr is rated at 276hp, but as any nissan fan knows, nissan has been low balling these cars for years, ive seen dyno's of stock r33s putting down 295-3oo whp, and keep in mind 4wd trannies lose more hp throuhg the drivetrain, so 4oohp is easily attainable, sorry for the long post, i hope most of your questions will get answered, and excuse me for not welcoming u, but welcome to NICO, i hope u find everyone very informatvie and hlepful, glad to have u aboard and good luck on purchasing the skyline, o, any pics of the spec v, i like those a lot :)!

cosmo

Daemos wrote:"If a car is 15 years or older, it can be legally imported into canada and insured without any type of modifications whatso ever."

Which means, I can buy off some importer, or Jgarage and save money since I won't need to go through motorex to get it legalized and stuff and convert it into LHD.

I'm ****in movin to canada!!!

nlzmo400r

hha, i was thnking the same thing!!

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

the only problem is that $30k Can. is about $37 US...

not really but $30k Can. won't get you much in the way of a skyline.

As for the v-spec part.. if you are going to make it a track car, cool, go for it. the electronically control rear diff is a nice option but the suspension you will likely change anyway. if it's a street car, just get the GT-R and mod it.

nlzmo400r

thats what i would do, if u plan on major suspension modificatoins, why spend the extra money on an upgraded factory suspension

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”