NEED HELP w/ QX60 AWD packages and upgrades

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
ullu

Hi,

I am a first time Infiniti buyer and am posting to get feedback on the QX60 AWD as well as the various available packages and add-ons. In my research, it seems that the QX60 has the best 3-row seating for an SUV in this price range which is one of my primary goals along with safety.

Is there any reason I should not be considering the QX60 and be looking at any other 7-seater SUV?

The upgrades I am looking to get are: Driver Assistance Package (for the IBA, BSW, DCA and BCI features) and Premium Plus Package (since its required for Driver Assistance).

The Technology package or the Deluxe Touring package seemed like an overkill. Is there anything in particular in these packages that you have used and feel like it is a “must-have” feature?

What other upgrades would you recommend I think about getting factory installed?
- All season floor mats?
- Illuminated Kick Plates?
- Splash guards?
- Cargo Package?

Finally, any guidance on what I can do / get installed to protect the bumpers?

Any advice you can provide would be very helpful as I plan to pull the trigger this weekend.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

BobOB
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX
2012 Nissan Rogue

Just saw this posting. What did you end up with? We have all the options on the JX and the only item that is seldom used is the DVD system.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I am just the opposite, have the DVD system and we use it ALL the time, but I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old. Great for road trips! I do not have the Touring Pkg (rear moon roof, rear heated seats), but I do have the polished 20" wheels, in my opinion, you have to get 20" wheels on this, it looks AMAZING!

jdsaengine
Car: 2019 Audi A7
2017 Corvette Vert
2014 QX60

I've got loaded QX60, bought last Aug, now have 6K miles. Premium & Touring packages, NAV, Avoidance, DVD, all the splash guards, roof rack

I like the avoidance systems, auto braking. I would get again, but its a little annoying sometimes running around town. The backup avoid did save my wife from killing another car in parking lot!!
I absolutely love the cruise control with auto sensing of the distance to vehicle in front esp on a busy interstate.
DVD, meh. . not so much. On trip my daughter complained of nausea and headaches watching the screen when it was so close to her head when the screen is in the seatback. Our other car had it in the headliner and no complaints. Maybe just her, but thats my take.
We have the light tan interior and carpet and boy it gets dingy dirty fast esp. this winter. So I bought cheap rubber mats
I thought the heated steering wheel was a stupid option, till this winter when it was -15F. That option is the nuts for toasty hands.
FYI, I get around 19-20 mpg around town and 24 mpg on highway using premium

hope that helps

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Heated steering wheel and heated seats are AWESOME!

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”