Need help w/ FX35 tech pkg

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
stephe

:help I just bought a 2004 FX35 w/ the Tech Pkg. The small card that gives instructions on how to set the seat memory says that it can be linked to the remote sensors and to "Refer to section 3 in your Owner's Manual for complete instructions on operation and functions of the driver's seat memory system." I can't find any instuctions anywhere concerning linking the individual Intelligent Keys to the driver's seat memory.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Stephe (pronounced Steve)

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Stephe - I just talked with our service manager. He indicated tthat the intelligent key = memory seat controls are set up via the Consult system, which can be done at your local dealer, and only takes a few minutes.

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

Stephe, You can set your remotes to the memory seats. In the manual it tells how to assign your settings to a memory button on the side of your seat, then, "Pushing the unlock buttonon the keyfob or Intelligent Key within these5 seconds will link the selected memory tothe keyfob or Intelligent Key." (Quoted from the Owner's Manual)I personally haven't tested this yet, cause I'm the sole driver of my car. Hope this helps.

Salsa
Car: Dance

MikeNColo wrote:I personally haven't tested this yet, cause I'm the sole driver of my car. Hope this helps.

Don't you ever run into short valets who adjut the seat? It's hard to get into the car once the seat is forward. At least they don't change the mirrors.

Salsa

BTW, I was going to look into the manual today for this very question. My wife is 11" shorter than I, so it's a real struggle to get into the car when the seat is still set for her.

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

Hi Salsa,Sounds like you have a real need to link your key-remotes to the seats. When I was a teenager and drove Mom's car I had the same problem - but back in the 60's she had manual bench seats that where a @#%!& to try and get to slide back without being able to sit in them first. LOL!Since getting the Tech. pkg. I now use the button on the door to unlock, I only use the remotes to lock it from a distance if I think I forgot.As far as valets go, I've heard experiences with owners, and far too many tales from some kids who have been valets - I don't trust them farther than I can throw them. LOL!And a rather odd thing about those seats; if you adjust them at all before you turn the key on, they won't automatically move into place when you do turn the key on, you have to reach down and push one of the memory buttons (and if I remember right, before you put the car in gear and move too)I do like the buttons on top, I can move the passenger seat forward/back without having to reach under the front for a lever, or down the far side to fumble for the correct buttons to push.

Salsa

> ...Sounds like you have a real need to link your key-remotes to the seats...

Yes, that's what I plant to do, but I'm not sure that will help. The seats don't seem to be moveable until I turn on the ignition.

> ...valets - I don't trust them...

Neither do I, but I don't think they all conspire with each other to get their stories straight. About 75% say they have trouble starting my car. That's never happened to me before I got this FX. My wife had trouble using the key too. I tried it myself about a dozen times in a row and had trouble a couple times.

Return to “Murano Forum”