Need Help!

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
DarkBlueSr240

Hey guys my mom has a 2001 nissan pathfinder le 3.5 her check engine light came on it was on for a day she took it to autozone and on her way the light went off. They plugged in and the code came up p1110 which is IAT sensor"o/c "open/short how much should i be looking at to fix this and is a major item to fix how hard would it be to fix thanks guy appreciate it. Do you think it would be safe for me to drive home from florida to ohio with that problem.

DarkBlueSr240

does anyone know anything about this?

NISTECH

you've misinterpitted the code. P0110 is intake air temp. P1110 is intake timing sensor. now that code is pretty common on the pathfinder. It can be either the sensor for your right bank intake timing sensor or it can be the VTC solonoid. There is a sticky in this forum covering this exact issue. at the top.

As far as driving it. yes it is drivable with minimal drivability issues. As long as the light is off it is not failing. however when it does fail it goes into a failsafe of not operating valve timing advance. The only way you would likely notice this is if you were climbing a hill you MAY notice a lack of power. When you fill up you will also notice its failing as your fuel economy wont be as good as it should be. Having it not working will not hurt the vehicle.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”