Need help, slight hesitation

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
blackrat

Hey, first post here. What's up?

I bought my 240 as a commuter in april and have since racked up about 10,000 miles. Around june, the check engine light came on but I didn't notice anything and didn't think about it. My other car is an old chevy so to me, if somethings wrong, you'll either feel it or see it on your driveway when you back out. Anyway, recently, there's been a slight hesitation at around 2,100-2,300 rpm at part throttle, but it isn't there at WOT. I changed everything electrical (cap rotor wires plugs) until I figured that if it's electrical it would be having more of an effect at high rpms than low rpms, which is not the case here. My gas mileage is also pretty poor (15-18 mpg city, 20-24 frwy) so I guess it has to be a fuel injector or something, even though I dumped a bottle of FI cleaner in with my gas when I first bought the car.

Another thing, about a month ago I washed the engine and engine bay since it was kinda dirty in there. I somehow managed to soak the distributor cap while I was at it so my car wouldn't start after I was done. After pulling off the cap and thoughrly (sp) drying it, the engine light went off for the first time and the car drove like new, but only for about 10 minutes until the light came back on and the problems returned, so now I'm back to the electrical theory. Any ideas on what could be wrong and/ or solutions?

ChickenBoo

I'd reccomend taking it to like an Autozone or something and having them check the computer, might give you a better idea as to why you're light is coming on. It's a distinct possibility the two events aren't even related.

blackrat

I guess I'll have to give that a try. Hope they don't try and tack on some added costs for parts I don't need. Thanks though ;)

pathfinder123

I got same issues. After I replaced the sparker, it's ok now.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”