Need help removing emissions/swapping 98 KA into a 91

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Fox1486
Car: 91 240SX, 78 280Z, 99 GST

Here's a link to my build thread
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/begin ... orums.html
I took the following from my thread, unfortunately because I started the thread in the Beginner's Forum, I don't think it gets much traffic:

Finally started to get back to this project! A few things to cover and get clarification on.

First let's start off with whats a NECESSITY for the swap. There is still some debate as to what you NEED to switch between the S13 and S14 engines in order to make the swap work with the S13 harness/ECU. Here's what I've come across thus far. Keep in mind that the S14 engine, and its components, are in alot better shape than the S13 engine and components, so I'm trying to use as many of the S14 parts as possible.

Going to install:

S14 running longblock
S14 transmission
S14 intake manifold
S13 Throttle Body & TPS
The three (3) S13 temperature sensors from the S13 intake manifold (not sure about this since S14 sensors are in way better shape, and they all connect to the same plug which looks identical on both S13/S14. Is this a necessity?)
S13 Exhaust manifold/Exhaust
S13 Driveshaft
S13 Rear Diff

Removing Emissions:

This is really the only guide I've seen thus far
Intake manifold mysteries revealed: DIY KA24DE emissions removal and assembly – NICOclub

I'd like to tackle the spiderweb of hard fuel/intake vacuum lines on the top portion of the S14 intake manifold, but haven't found a writeup on how to simply the system. At this point, I'm looking for any insight or opinions. Emissions in NY State are not my concern being a 91 model. Also keep in mind the car will be mainly a track car.

I know that for the EGR, sites say to keep that rusted brown mass in the intake but to block it off its outlet. Why wouldn't I just remove it altogether? Simply due to it leaving an oddly shaped hole?

Feel free to help me out, I want to get this car moving soon!

Fox1486
Car: 91 240SX, 78 280Z, 99 GST

No insight at all? Any help would be appreciated.

libtech240sx
Car: black 95 Nissan 240sx SE-project
white 95 Nissan 240sx SE-parts

Hey bud i got you. It was a little time consuming but i just cleaned everything that was unnescesary off of my friends 97 kouki. I started by simply taking the intake manifold completely off then stripping it down to the bare runners and plenum. i got rid of the steel lines and bypassed by just using straight pieces of rubber hoses for heater core, pcv, iacv and the fpr. I'm kinda just giving you a breeze through of the process but if you want to visit my FaceBook Business page search S.R.D.Z Works! you can contact me through there and i can give you more incite and depth and also show you pictures of what ive been doing.

-Curtis Libby (libtech)
Owner of S.R.D.Z Works! "Do Work!" :dblthumb:

Sideways570

Idk if you finished this but I just recently did this to my 91 de and also removed my butterfly valves. I will make a write up in the next couple minutes or so because the one I read as stated in your op I didnt find all the info I need so I'll pm you a link or post it on here when I'm done with my how to

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”