Need help please recirc valve question

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Bfish
Car: 1993 Nissan 300zx twin turbo manual tran

Good afternoon looking for some knowledge from the experts and maybe some advice on parts and companies. I have been reading a lot of bad reviews on installing BOV'S on my 1993 300zxTT and seeing that it is better with the way the engine is setup to install bigger springs in the recirc valves and if this is the case what would I need to upgrade these and could I use my sock valves and upgrade the springs or is it an entire swap out. And if BOV'S are the way to go what do you suggest. Thanks guys!!!!

Bfish

Any help on this guys.....I just called z1 and honestly was not too impressed with the answer they gave me they said to get their BOV package with recirculation piping which is pretty much around $1k and that pretty much sounds exactly what the stock recirc valve is doing.....will the stock recirc valve handle new intercoolers, ecu upgrade, 15psi boost, down pipes test pipes hks high power cat exhaust or will it need to be upgraded.....it looks like z1 sells a kit for $60 that requires grinding off the top of the stock recirc valve and adding a spring in and a new cap is this what needs to be done????

Bfish

Good afternoon looking for some knowledge from the experts and maybe some advice on parts and companies. I have been reading a lot of bad reviews on installing BOV'S on my 1993 300zxTT and seeing that it is better with the way the engine is setup to install bigger springs in the recirc valves and if this is the case what would I need to upgrade these and could I use my sock valves and upgrade the springs or is it an entire swap out. And if BOV'S are the way to go what do you suggest. Thanks guys!!!!

Bfish

Re: Recirculating valves vs blow off valves in 1993 300zx TT

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 7:37 am

Any help on this guys.....I just called z1 and honestly was not too impressed with the answer they gave me they said to get their BOV package with recirculation piping which is pretty much around $1k and that pretty much sounds exactly what the stock recirc valve is doing.....will the stock recirc valve handle new intercoolers, ecu upgrade, 15psi boost, down pipes test pipes hks high power cat exhaust or will it need to be upgraded.....it looks like z1 sells a kit for $60 that requires grinding off the top of the stock recirc valve and adding a spring in and a new cap is this what needs to be done????

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

The OEM recircs are good, typically larger than most BOV on the market. Go with the BDE GHK upgrade to them,(prob the ones Z1 is selling too) Easy to do. Very happy with them. Here is a link to the BDE site for more reading:
http://www.bde-performance.com/goose.htm

If you want new, these are a good option:
https://www.specialtyz.com/gfb-go-fast- ... .html.html
Last edited by itsa300zx on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Its a MAF metered system so venting to atmosphere creates rich spots when you let off the gas, not catastrophic but certainly not ideal. Your options are to either cut open and mod the OEM recirc valves or buy a set of any recirculating valves. $1k is insane for a set of recircs, I think you should be able to find a set with the correct fitting for $400-500 easy.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

I've merged your threads, please don't crosspost. thanks.

Bfish

Awesome thank you for the link and the info.....that is exactly.what I was looking for!!!!!

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”