need help on what a project truck might be worth

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
goya

I’m not sure I put this in the right place but here goes. A good friend of mine has a 1970 or 1971 Datsun pick-up in her garage that she needs to sell. I eyeballed it as best I could and it appears to be in great shape. It's a 4x4 with a good body and is complete as far as I can tell. The motor is out and in the bed along with other parts (previous owner was going to rebuild motor). I know it’s hard to speculate without seeing it but if I could get a ballpark or range of what it might be worth I would appreciate it. I’m told vehicle has a title (not in owners name) so a title search might be necessary. Either way it would be a great project or excellent parts source.

Thx for any help you can provide!

LilDat
Car: Datsun NL 320, Datsun U320 (the runchwagon) 1972 Datsun 510 wagon

Goya, I'll have to defer this to one of our 521 experts but I didn't think Datsun made 4x4's in the 521 model but I've been wrong before. If you can post some picks it would be helpful. Ken

goya

hi,

thx for the reply. to be honest i am not sure of the model but it looks similar to the 521. i will try and see if i can get it. there appeared to be longer black hubs up on the front wheels that appeared to be manual hubs but it was hard to get a good look at them.

thx!

mklotz70

If you have the year right, it's a 521, but They never came as a 4x4.  In fact, the 620 was never offered as a 4x4 from the factory.  They were commisioned conversions.  It's possible that the 521 could have been a similar conversion, but without good pics, I don't know that we could give you a definitive answer.  Datsunaholic would know, or be able to tell you if you get some pics.  I've never been a 4x4 guy, so I just don't pay attention to them.  Sorry.

With the motor out, it will be worth more as parts, but certainly a lot more work try to piece it out.  I don't know that it would be worth enough extra to make it worth it.  If it's all complete and in decent shape, I'd say about $750...maybe a $1000 to the right buyer, but more likely, it's a bit beat so you're probably looking at $350-500 sold all together.  Granted this is a complete guess without pics.  If you had it running and driving, you'd probably be looking at $1500-2000....maybe more do to it's uniqueness.  As always, if you're willing to ship, ebay would be the way to go. 

I've only ever seen maybe 2 521's converted to 4x4...and that may even be one of them.  Pretty hard to give value...there's nothing out there to compare it to.

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”