need help on ka24 engine

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Pichonsbc
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima GXE

Hello first time on site, I have a 95 nissan altima Manuel transmission just rebuilt the engine...need help and advise on were to start to make my car have more horse power...Will have pics up in a few days...I signed up for the Nissan forum and haven't got anything yet..any ideas feel free to email me. Subject: altima 411..
My email is [email protected]

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Welcome to Nico! What is your budget and skill level?

WD

Pichonsbc

skill level? If it's about racing a beginner I guess if it's about cars I know my way around them.. my dad's a master mechanic.. and as far as my budget well I do gotta pay rent and bills but $300 as of now

WDRacing

I mentioned skill level because it's probably the biggest factor in what advice I give. If you're able to do everything yourself and you're mechanically inclined enough to piece certain parts together that don't come in a kit and assemble them, well you'll be able to do things much cheaper than if you needed to purchase an entire kit.

I mentioned money because adding a turbo to your vehicle isn't all that cheap to do. It can be done on a tight budget, but it's only going to be a low boost setup. Something like 7-8 psi will get you around 50 to 80 additional whp.

You're looking at $1500 or so unless you buy some stuff used.

Pichonsbc

Ok.. thanks for the advice.. I kinda wanted to start with intake and headers but have not found a good website for the headers..

WDRacing

A filter and exhaust system is always a good place to start. My 240 is currently without turbo, I still enjoy driving it. One of the most important parts to building a reliable car with a power adder like a turbo or supercharger, is to insure the vehicle is ready for it mechanically. You should think about upgrading the cooling system and maybe installing an oil cooler as well. Is it an auto? If so, have the fluid changed and add a large external cooler. This is a must if you have an auto. If it's a manual, you'll burn up the factory clutch pretty quick once you add boost.

There are lots of things you can do that will improve how your car handles and drives as well as lengthens the overall life of the vehicle.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”