Need help on a new coupe!

All things Altima Coupe.
jakillo

Hey everyone!

I'm helping out my friend who is interested in purchasing the new nissan altima coupe. I was wondering what kind of deals you guys have been getting and if you could tell me what I should do.

My friend currently has a 97 Nissan Maxima with like 150k miles, hes interested in trading it and possibly using it as a downpayment and wants his payments to be around $300 a month. He wants an manual 3.5 with premium package. Can this deal be done?

Thanks guys!

toxik
Car: 09 Pearl White 370z

If you're planning on using a vehicle as trade-in in order to lower your monthly payments, you really have to go to each dealer and see what they will give you for the maxima. Each dealer will give you a diferent price. I think to get 300 a month on a 3.5 with premium, you need to get close to 9k for the maxima.

CoupeLover

To get a 3.5 with premium package in 6sp, he'll need to put down closer to 15k to get his monthly payments near 300/month. If he wants to lease it, then he can get it to 300/month much easier. But trading in his maxima with 105k miles is not likely going to get him enough to make those payments that low. You should go on the nissan website and put in the numbers into their calculator and see exactly the numbers that you need to get it down low.

toxik
Car: 09 Pearl White 370z

The down payment depends whether he wants to finance it or lease it. I know the lease calculator isn't working on the nissan site right now.

jakillo

hey guys thanks for all the replies

I should have clarified, I meant a 36 month lease! thanks

Carlosf22
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s Black

It all depends on what he gets for the trade-in. If the maxima is worth $5-6k it can be possible but the monthly payment can be higher. A 3.5 with premium is a bit expensive but if he likes the car he should go for it.

08Coupe
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

jakillo wrote:hey guys thanks for all the replies

I should have clarified, I meant a 36 month lease! thanks

With $2K down+ first payment, I am at $400 month(including tax) for 39 months. CVT,Premium,Xzylon coatin in/out.....

altim8
Car: 3.5 Dark Slate Altima Coupe w/ premo package and VDC

i am not too familiar with payment plans on leases, but lets put it this way:

i traded in a '98 honda accord with 89k miles to carmax and got $4000 (which i thought was a good deal). your friend wont get very much at all from a maxima with 150k miles.

i bought a 3.5SE with premium package and it came out to about $30,700. i put 16k down and borrowed the rest with a finance rate of 5.99% from the credit union (best i could find after lookin everywhere AND thats with a near perfect credit score) and im paying about $284 a month.

like i said, leasing will probably be significantly different, but that kind of gives you an idea what to expect.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”