Need help na tune g20

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
Eric_scott
Car: 00 infiniti g20
02 nissan xterra

Hello everyone I have a 00 infiniti g20 sr20de motor in it . It is a 5 speed I'm looking for tips and were to buy parts my plans are na motor maybe turbo later .
Is ther a cam upgrades or a swap. Even someone told me the maxima exhaust manifold was a swamp idk any tips would be great

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

Welcome to NICO. If you are in a location that has stringent emission laws, I would definitely stick with the factory engine, but if you are in an area where emission laws are lax, I would look into a motor swap before modifying your stock engine right away. One thing you could do that gives you a bit more power but won't really be effected by engine choice is a nice cat back exhaust system. Choosing if you want to stay N/A or go Turbo early on helps with what modifications you go with as well. Some places to look at for parts can be Gspec.com (general FWD SR20 stuff) and BRMexhaust.com (for a catback). There are some other vendors (check out sponsors here on the forum) that carry some parts for G20s as well, you just need to look around as some sites carry parts that others do not. Good luck!

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”