NEED HELP LOWERING!!!

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
lil89ram50
Car: 1985 nissan 720 1989 dodge d50 1979 chevy luv

ok so i got the back lowered, its monoleafed, but i cant figure out the front.... i keep hearing get longer bolts, but for where? can i get some pics? i am a newb to torsion bars! i'd rather cut a coil......... i want about 4-5 inches drop

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

well i'm not sure you will get the drop you want with the torsion bars alone. the reason is because the lower you take it the more positive camber you're gonna get. now you can fix this by adding spacers to the upper control arm but i'm not sure you're gonna want to add as many spacers as you will need for the drop. if i were you i'd get 3" drop spindles for the front then take it the rest of the way with the torsion bars. also for the rear... lowering blocks would have left you all your leafs in tact... not sure if that matters to ya or not but i just figured i'd suggest it

with all that said... you simply 'loosen' the bolts on the torsion bars to lower it... the longer bolts are only necessary if you run out of bolt... here's a link with exact directionshttp://forums.nicoclub.com/zer...ickup

lil89ram50
Car: 1985 nissan 720 1989 dodge d50 1979 chevy luv

ok, so i have a slight problem, when i was lowering the drivers side, it didnt lower, the bolt jus hung lower, so i hit the arm thing, and the bolt with little semi circle missed it, so it is on the bump stops on that one side..... and i cant turn the torsion bar to put the bolt back in place....... any ideas on how to do it? here is apic i took from an earlier post that shows whta im talking bout

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

i'm pretty sure if its jacked up you can get the bolt in with some cleverness... if not you have have to play with the ball joints.... no fun

Return to “Datsun 720”