Need help identifying a Nissan/Datsun chrome front bumper

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
xntryk1

Hi all. My first post here. Hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I recently acquired what appears to be a brand new old stock Nissan or Datsun chrome bumper from an estate sale. I'd like to resell it, but first I need to figure out what it fits. It was wrapped in a heavy, padded cover (see pic). But if that cover ever had a part number on it, it has been long lost. The bumper measures approximately 53.5" wide (from outside edge to outside edge) and 3 1/8" tall (at the widest part). As you can hopefully see in the pictures, it has 4 brackets on the back (each with one bolt) and 4 holes, presumably for 2 rubber bumpers. It's almost perfectly straight across, except for a slight dip above the license plate area. The ONLY number it has on it is that big "T28" behind the license plate area.

I'm wondering if anybody might know what this fits? Or are there any resources online where I could research it myself? The "T28" doesn't seem to be any help by itself. It may be a Nissan or maybe an older Datsun bumper wrapped in a Nissan cover? It definitely seems like a front bumper for a car with a somewhat rounded front end.

Please excuse me if I posted this question in the wrong area. I looked over all the different forums and this seemed to be the most likely one for what I need. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide!

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

This looks like a teaser for "Ukranian women' leads. Suggest ban or delete!

xntryk1

Gee, thanks. That's SO helpful.

xntryk1

My best guess so far is a front bumper bar for a 1966-1970 Datsun Roadster...

InTheRough
Car: 1969 Datsun Roadster 1600

That is almost identical to the front bumper off my '69 Roadster.

52-5/8" between the tips.
4 mounting points on the back attach to brackets.
Additional holes are for the bumper guards.

My bumper:

Mounting Bracket:

Return to “Datsun Chat”