which 350z exhaust is this?!? single exit 4"...different

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
ManDogFish
Car: 350z ... 2004, maybe 2004.5, dno
6mt
base model

so,

while keeping at eye out for parts going by on local classifieds

I found.... a resonated 3" stainless steel piping single 4" tip exhaust for the 350z

it apparently came off a 07 350z with an aftermarket 3" y-pipe

It seems to be good quality stainless steel and seem to be a thick gauge... its been quite dirty and I still have not cleaned it but no rust...
the welds seem to be professionally done
the resonator is from vibrant and the exhaust tip is from vibrant.

now, from what I have been able to find on google, vibrant performance only made dual exhausts for the 350z which they discontinued

I do not know which exhaust this is.... I have not seen anything like it... the only exhaust that seems similar is the DC sport 350z single exit exhaust...

1. It would be great if anyone could help identify this exhaust......??

2. could 3" piping to a single exit exhaust cause torque loss on a NA non-rev 350z? (plenum spacer & drop in)

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

It's probably a custom/one-off exhaust system. That would be my guess based on the Vibrant tip, they're not a widely known brand and for someone to have that tip on something like an AAM, A'PEXi, DC Sports, ISIS, JIC or Tanabe (did I miss any single tip systems?) exhaust seems a little odd. If it was just a replacement for a damaged tip I'd expect a higher quality replacement.

As far as torque loss and stuff, here's a link to one of the best Exhaust Backpressure Myth articles that's on the web.

ManDogFish
6mt
base model

I think u got all of them... it doesnt look like any of those except the DC sport one...
Yea, Im not too sure but I think Vibrant used to offer making custom exhausts... I think I saw a cached copy of a page of vibrant performance's older webpage before I bought the exhaust...but I cant remember much now

it does seem odd cuz steel pipes are thick gauge

My guess is that this was custom made back when 350z/g35 exhausts costed significantly more when the car was new cuz I dont see why someone would spend $$ getting the stainless steel professionally mandrel bent, welded and stuff

it costed me less than a basic motordyne spacer

ManDogFish
6mt
base model

BusyBadger wrote:Exhaust Backpressure Myth articles that's on the web.
very useful...thanks bud

so the whole back pressure thing is a wide spread myth...
in open exhausts that would be true though as back pressure would be proportional to ext.diam

Brad_G
Car: 03 350z Enthusiast

It looks almost like an off of the exhaust on my Z. I've got the Greddy ti-c single exit exhaust on mine.

ManDogFish
6mt
base model

I saw another single exit 4" exhaust 350z....and I dont mean to brag but my car sounded so much better.

Probably cuz I have a vibrant resonator...and that guy might have had resonated test pipes... I dno, but yea, thanks anyway...

FYI: the stainless steel 22lbs, resonated exhaust with titanium tip costed me $150 delivered...I guess he didnt know what he was selling

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”