Need help getting fuel to the injectors on an SD 22

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
ibbuckshot
Car: 1983 Datsun 720

Greeting folks,
I have been working on transplanting a 1983 Datsun SD 22 with a 5 speed into a 2000 GMC Sonoma. I have moved along in the project to the point I have the
engine on a roll around and ready to put the fuel to it. My problem is, I have fuel to the injection pump and have bled the two bleeders. I cant get fuel to pass
through the four devices on top of the injection pump that have the fuel lines to the injectors ? ? ? I don't know the tech name for these four devices on top of
the injection pump but maybe someone out there might give me an education. Plus why can't I get fuel to them but not through them to the injector lines?
I have used both the bleeder pump as well as trying to turn over the engine to create enugh pressre to get the fuel to pass through , but no go.
Also Can someone direct me to information on how I can wire the tack of the Somoma to pick up a signal from somewhere on the SD 22 ? Any help on these
questions would be greatly appreciated. I am sure there will be more questions but as for now I am just trying to get it to make smoke and fire.
Have fun,
buckshot :cool:

millmileinsanns
Car: 1982 Datsun Diesel LB 90,00 mi 1986 1/2 Harbody LB Z24 575,000 mi

I'am new to the SD22 and my SD25 gave me a lot of trouble free miles.anyways From what i have been seeing and talking to different sd22 owners i have met They bypass the old injection pump with a Electric Fuel pump for diesel use From what I've seen smoother running more response... NO hand priming and Owners also have said no more cracking screws cold hard starts etc.

Return to “Datsun 720”