Need help for 2005 Titan Stereo Upgrade

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
davpetbal

I got the truck with the "upgraded" Rockford Fosgate syste. Unfortunately, it is fairly useles to me because it doesn't play CD-Rs or DVD-Rs very well. I'd like to upgrade the in-dash CD to a touchscreen capable of playing DVD mp3s.

However, if I replace the factory radio, then the factory DVD and pull-down screen for the crew cab doesn't work. I've talked to Crutchfiled and they say there aren't any adapters available.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd have been better off getting the truck with a bare bones system and going completely after market. I'm very unimpressed with the sound quality of this alleged upgrade.

olfatdaddy
Car: 1997 Nissan Hardbody Pickup

I would say yank it all and sell it to someone who wants to upgrade their stock stuff and go all new aftermarket on your end....then you can tailor the system around your desired audio/video goals.

baseballfanz
Car: 2005 Nissan Texas Titan

The factory DVD player get a 5 volt signal from the head unit. It can and has been done. You need some resistor to drop the voltage of of a wire down to 5 V to turn the DVD player on, the screen get all its power and source from the DVD player.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”