Need help deciding between two CPO Infinti M37x cars

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Aceduece
Car: Infiniti m37x

So I need to buy a new car. My old car has officially died.
Would love some help in the decision making process.
I'm looking to purchase a 2012 Certified-Pre Owned Infiniti M37x

I have two options from dealers in my area

Would love feedback on what you think, in your experienced opinion, is best.

CAR OPTION 1:
Has 58,000 miles on it and is $23,000. Silver color.

CAR OPTION 2:
Has 36,000 miles on it and is $29,000. Platinum Graphite color.

Both are CPOs

I'm trying to figure out if the higher mileage car is a better value. They both have a warranty up to 100,000 miles.

My goal is to have the car for at least 5 years. Wondering if the $6k in savings is too good to pass up or if I should go with a lower mileage vehicle.

Which car would you get and why?

TheMajesticKing
Car: '11 M56S Aero

If they are both CPO, I would honestly get Option 1 just to save that $6k up front. Missing that 12k miles is worth it to me. If neither was a CPO then I'd go with Option 2.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

What packages are on either car? Do you car for the exterior/interior color combination? AWD vs RWD? There are much more to these cars than just mileage. The VQ engine and drivetrain (overall) have proven to be very reliable. I would have no issues purchasing a car with higher mileage.

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

Personally, if equipment options are identical, and the CarFax is clean on both, I would pop for the $6k to get option 2 with 22k less miles. In my world, that is almost 4 years worth of driving.

There are many factors that will affect your decision, but in saying that you want to keep the car for 5 years, and assuming you drive an average of 12k a year:

Option 1 will have 118,000 miles on it after 5 years; option 2 will have only 96,000. That means option 2 will still have the remainder of the warranty, which is a great selling point; assuming the CPO warranty is transferable. Or, you could drive it another few months while under warranty. Further, you could drive option 2 for almost 2 years more and end up at the same miles after only 5 years of driving in option 1.

Just my thoughts; I always try to find the "sweet spot" between low miles and price.

Aceduece
Car: Infiniti m37x

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am curious, can a non-infiniti dealer sell a CPO?

The dealer with the lower price but higher mileage car is this one:
www.nycmotorcars.com

It says the cars are CPOs but I heard that only a licensed infiniti dealer can sell a CPO.

If it's not a real CPO, it would be a deal breaker for me. Any details on this?

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

No they cannot. Only an Infiniti dealer can do that. The certification process not only involves time to inspect it and perform necessary maintenance, but also a CPO fee paid to the manufacturer. Sometimes a dealer will certify a car but then will sell it to another dealer, and what happens is, they request/get the CPO fee back. The new dealer-owner cannot sell this car as a CPO until they do their own Certification and pay the fee again. It is possible that this is the case with the car U are interested in. Now, a good thing is that once a car is certified, it had all the maintenance performed, inspections done etc, So all the effort went in into verifying the car is in best condition it can be. The only thing you would not get is the extended warranty, which may be the most important piece of the Certification.

one more thought. You can talk to the non-infiniti dealer and ask who did the certification on the M.
Last edited by Mjkkb2 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

SmoovC wrote:Personally, if equipment options are identical, and the CarFax is clean on both, I would pop for the $6k to get option 2 with 22k less miles. In my world, that is almost 4 years worth of driving.
It all depends how many miles you make a year. For me that would only be 1.5 years of driving and not worth $6k. SO it is a personal thing.
Nevertheless, good points SmoohvC :)
Last edited by Mjkkb2 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

i think Mjkkb2 is correct without the factory infiniti warranty you dont hace a CPO

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”