Need help can’t figure out the problem with my m35

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
808nick
Car: Infiniti M35s

I have a 2006 Infiniti m35s, has about 120,000 just yesterday the car pretty much died on me, when I put it in drive all lights came on the dash and had no power to the throttle. Turned the car off and tried starting it again and the battery was dead so I let it sit for a little bit and tried starting it again and it started so I drove it around the parking lot and it was fine until I tried getting on the road. There was no power to the throttle again. Just changed the throttle body with a new one today and still same problem. I’m going to try and change the tps on the pedal tomorrow and see where that takes me, but I’m wondering if the alternator is going bad causing the battery to be dead/dying and all the funky lights coming on and dimming off. If u have any info please let me know thanks.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I'd get your battery and alternator tested for sure. You're on the right track.

808nick

My battery is about a year old so I’m guessing more toward the alternator. Thanks

EdBwoy

It seems like you were able to start the car after it died on you the first time? If so, I doubt it is a battery issue or alternator.

I would recommend you don't purchase any other parts until you get a professional diagnosis. An Infiniti dealership will charge at most an hour of labor as a flat diagnosis fee; sometimes they are nice and charge half an hour labor.
Depends on whether you let them do the work, or just want the diagnosis report.

A dealership will also possibly address any open recalls on your vehicle. Talking of which, you can check for any recalls by yourself using your VIN online - https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
There were 3 main recalls for these vehicles the one of interest being the gas pedal recall. So even if that turns out to be your issue when you replace it yourself, if you can get it done for free, why not?

Good luck

808nick

Ok thanks for your help.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”