need help apexi power fc fried...

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
silvia808

hi im new to nico forums seeing if anyone can help me out with my sr20det s13 blacktop

long story short i got my car from my friend because he couldnt figure out the problem so i took it n diagnosed it up to here
apexi power fc d-jetro was fried sr20 ignitor chip was also fried along with the battery fuse 75a
so i went and got a #62 ecu dnt know if its mapped or not but its from mckinney motorsports so it says on the ecu...
and got a sr20det maf and ignitor chip(q45) n installed those but the car still has all the d-jetro accessories such as map sensor hooked to greddy profec II boost controllerand apexi turbo timer (basically left original setup n got stock ecu and maf could something like this be a problem??)

first off i got a redtop ecu #62 and ignitor chip then it started...
it runs alright but it boggs alittle and cant rev past 2000rpms so i turned off the boost controller n it got alittle more better
now i can drive but not past 3000 rpms so i thought hmm maybe the ecu isnt reading any sort of airflow so i sourced out a sr20 maf n rewired it to the cut pigtail
but after i hooked up the maf n plugged it in it got worst now it sounds like crap n too much gas n car started idling like cra**p im stuck at this point car runs but feels like a rev cut... anyways so i pulled the maf harness off n started it again and its back to how it was cant drive or rev past 3000 rpms any ideas? any help asap would help thanks

and if anyone has been through this how do i return my car to stockish spec from using apexi power fc d-jetro?
right now motor is pretty much stock except for megan downpipe,circut sports straight pipe
fmic
and had apexi pfc

thanks in advance everyone

Rellik27
Car: 240sx

For my s14 sr all i do is remove the pfc ecu and plug in the stock one and just plug in the maf. The map sensor plugs into the side of the power fc, I just leave the wiring there for when i re install the pfc. Since your's is fried remove the map sensor and plug up the vacuum source. Make sure the maf was wired right or if its just bad. Also you should have the air temp sensor somewhere on the intake manifold or on the cold pipe close to the throttle body you can remove it and trace the wiring back to the ecu plug and depin it. Take some pics of how the greddy boost controller is set up. And check for vacuum leaks.

silvia808

I figured out da problem viper alarm was set in valet mode but I left the airtemp sensor hooked up but unplugged it left vaccums hooked up map sensor is just unplugged left the splice to ecu harness on unplugged but still needs alil more tweak... need aem wideband imo thanks for ur help

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

Glad you figured it out...

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”