Need Help!! 1991 240sx GUAGES Not working!!

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
S13Punk
Car: 1991 240sx hatch Ka24DE

I have a 91 240sx that was auto with a blown engine. i swapped a 5sp transmission and KA24DE engine into it. the transmission is out of an s13 while the motor was out of an s14. I cut all emissions and egr from the motor, swapped the s13 dizzy and tps sensor in it. and thats about it. I got the 5sp swap with the manual lower harness and used it in my swap not the auto lower harness. Im having a problem with my gauge cluster, and tail lights not working. The cluster i believe has power because where the clock is on the cluster lights up but does not show the time,and the battery light is red on the cluster but it has new battery, NONE of the gauges work. The car does run and doesnt seem to have any problems idling. i have the speed sensor plugged in and the reverse lights thats it but doesnt work. Not all of the plugs are plugged in by the fuse box under the hood. the 4 plugs on the side of the fuse box ( under hood), 2 of them are plugged in. the top one so my car will start is jumpered and the second from the bottom plug is plugged in, thats it. there is no connectors for me to plug into the other 2 remaining plugs by the fuses, and there is like 2 other plugs under the fuses by the alternater not plugged in. i have found no connector for these :wtf2: and the lower harness does not look to be hacked up. Any idea's of something i have missed??? Also there is no radio in the car and the green box by the clutch pedal is not plugged in, came off but will not plug back in.. does this have anything to do with the cluster not working?I think i have mentioned everything just didnt want to leave anything out. im ready to start driving the car but keep running into problems.ANY IDEA's?????????? :wtf2:

comatoseculture
Car: 1990 240SX coupe. Currently running on Megasquirt.

Try to snap pictures of the setup. Its hard to visualize where/what connectors ARE present not to mention which ones are missing. Photos please

S13Punk
Car: 1991 240sx hatch Ka24DE

Pictures aren't the best my garage is kinda dark. but...Image
these are the 4 on the side of the fuse box under the hood. one to the far right is jumpered so car can start. and the middle plug is connected. the orange colored plug and the plug on the far left is not connected. the plug on the far left is a 3 wire plug.. and i dont know what the orange colored plug is for.. i thought since there was no plug to connect these to it might have had something to do with the auto transmission??? but its now 5sp

this plug is directly under the same fuse box under the green relay... that is also not connected.think its a 2 wire plug??

I appreciate the time and help...

jtamkee
Car: 1991 240SX SE

Check the brown dash connector behind the glove box and above the ECU. It should be connected to the main engine harness.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”