Need Headlight Recommendations For a 2006 Infiniti M35x!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
grittyblaize
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

What's up Y'all.. I'm new here hoping to get some info..

I'm having headlight trouble. Recently purchased some H1 OPT 7 Bulbs for my 06 infiniti m35x and they did not fit. cooling fan on em was way too bulky for the bulb socket.

i'm unsure what hid kit to go with so that's the reason for the post. I got the car used. its for sure hit on the right so i noticed someone had a aftermarket hid set up and ballast on the passenger side and the driver side headlight has the oem set up and ballast. i'm looking to make both the same. If anyone has any recommendation on some hids that worked well for you let me know!

any feedback is much appreciated.. Thank you..

grittyblaize

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Welcome to the forum.
If your car is equipped with HIDs, the bulb size is D2S. You mentioned size H1 and they are halogens, not HID. You also mentioned ballasts, so that is confusing. H1 size bulbs do not use ballasts. Is it possible the previous owner tried to use an HID kit with ballasts and screwed it up? You also mentioned a cooling fan which isn't part of an H1 or D2S bulb. Are you attempting to upgrade to LED headlamps?

If your car uses H1 bulbs (also known as 9005 i think) you cannot use HID bulbs and the conversion kits are rubbish. If your car doesn't have the actual projector lenses, required to properly focus an HID bulb, they will never perform properly. You would need to do a complete retrofit including projector lenses, ballasts, and a wiring harness to use HID bulbs. And aftermarket LED bulbs with the cooling fans provide less useable light then the halogen bulbs.

I recommend you try a pace called The Retrofit Source. If there are any decent kits available, that is the only place who would have genuine bulbs. There are some excellent H1 / 9005 halogen bulbs available that work much better than the OEM H1 bulbs.

If you can determine what kind of socket your housing has (D2S or H1), I can provide more info.

grittyblaize

Yeah the headlight wiring is jacked up. I assume i have H1 bc the bulb that blew out was labeled H1. There was a ballast just laying there on the passenger side. The driver side has a stock ballast. Heres a website with a pic of how the wiring looks on the driver side.

https://www.gwaautoparts.com/products/h ... I0QAvD_BwE

So on the passenger side it was a aftermarket version.
And yes, i was talking about a LED H1 headlight when i mentioned the cooling fan. From opt 7.
They are projector headlights as well.
Im gonna check out what you recommend, chances are high I go with that set up.
Ill take some pics of the socket as well.

Thanks again

grittyblaize

So i went to the website of the brand you have recommended and unfortunately they seem to only have hid kits for a G sedan or coupe. unless i can just get a H1 kit and it will be universal.

grittyblaize

I actually looked up the bulb size for my cars year make and model on advanced auto parts and d2s comes up so i did a search for a 06 g35x and the bulb size is actually exactly the same. so the ones on the retrofit source site that are for a g coupe or sedan could work i assume?

grittyblaize

grittyblaize

FIRST PIC IS THE DRIVER SIDE 2ND IS THE PASSENGER SIDE. WOULD FUGA HEADLIGHTS FIT THIS 06 M35X?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

As far as I know the stock bulb size we use in xenon low beams are D2S bulbs. Non-Xenons are H1 or H2 from what I remember. If your headlights have custom wiring (which it looks like they do from that second picture) then we really cannot recommend anything to you. Your car is unique and only you can figure it out.

grittyblaize

I fixed the wiring and put a OEM ballast on the passenger side. The problem is the bulb sockets are different now. I'm actually looking to buy new headlights so the bulbs size is d2s. The car was hit on the passenger side front and I think thats why the sockets are different. Someone had d2s on the driver side and passenger side was a aftermarket ballast with a half bulb. So annoying lol but I should be good with a new passenger side headlight ... Might buy both if I find a good deal.

Maybe someone can recommend where I can buy some new headlights ? Been looking on eBay and planned to check some junk yards that possibly ship parts out

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Seems the last owner pulled a Frankenstein on your headlamps, LOL. Best bet is to look on Ebay for a used headlamp assembly. New ones are over $1,100 even with a discount. I'm telling you that so when you see the price of a used one, you can see how much you're saving. They are specific to RH and LH sides, of course. They should come with the built-in ballasts and possibly bulbs. If the used units are faded or foggy, don't let that stop you - in fact it mayu get you a cheaper price. There is an easy fix for that. Just make sure the seller accepts returns in the event the ballasts are missing or bad.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”