Need gaskets, can't find the parts

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
NiX
Car: 2001 Altima GLE

I have an intake manifold leak, so I started to take engine apart following the steps in the chiltons manual, but it wasn't very desciptive and I found three different sections where it says how to do it yet all varied quite a bit. I realized I wasn't going to finish the job before needing the car again, so I put it all back together. Upon start up the car ran but died right away with a hissing sound. I deducted the leak down to the rubber grommets that the fuel injectors rest on. First time I installed the rail I did not use the plastic spacers so I think the injectors went further down and probably messed up the grommets. I reinstalled the rail without the spacers again and it allows the car to start and run (with a very low and rough idle) I tried to find a replacement but autozone and another local shop didn't have them in their system. I really need to replace these because the engine stalls now instead of just having a bad idle.

Is this a dealer only part? Can it be bought by itself?

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

I bet it is available separately but you will be going to the dealer to get it.

UltimaKa24
Car: 1999 nissan altima se
obx 4-1 header
intake
p&p head

soon to come
BC stage 3 cams
BC full valvetrain
BC 2.6l stroker
AEM EMS
Stillen 4-1 header
DIY intake manifold

go to any local hardware store, buy Dorman 7/16" flat washers. put them in the slot where the injector sits, then put the rubber grommet like thing on top, tighter down and center with a dental pick, you will never have this problem again. make sure the I.D. is 3/8". best bet is to bring the grommet and size it up like that

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”