Need G35 Advice

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
GOSAMR
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35

I have a 2003 G35, she's my baby, was one of the first sold in my town. Ordered her from the wheels up and waited 9 months for her to be delivered from the factory so she means a lot to me. This is my issue, got the code P1716 code, figured out needed to replace the valve body assembly. Got one from Easy Street Transmissions in FL, refurbed of course. First one sent was not the correct version for my car. I have the external TCM. Got them to send the correct part flashed to my vin#. Put that in and I'm still getting the P1716 code but only if I drive it in auto. BUT, If driven in manual, up to 3rd gear only no codes are thrown. However I'm trying to get it to smog and I know that all the monitors have to be ready to get it smogged. We've driven surface steets, and freeway in manual 3rd gear and the oxygen sensor just will not say it's ready. My first question, is will the sensor run its test while in manual mode? Second question why am I still getting P1716 code? I'm out of time, as my tags are late, fees are paid but just want to get it smogged so I don't lose her being parked on the street. I am so tired of the stress this is causing not only me but many others. Anyone with any suggestions?? Oh and Infiniti will not touch it because the valve body was not purchased through them!

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”