Need ca18det info.

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
jon240sx

:help I was wondering if someone can give me all kinds of info on the ca18det. I finally made my choice on motors swaps and want the ca18det. :ylsuper I'm looking for prices and website.

Daunttless

There aren't any. : )

Standard pricing from a reliable shop on a CA18 is going to run between 1700 and 2100 dollars.

What do you want to know about the CA18? Most of your questions can be answered by our resident gurus. : ) Good luck!

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

jon240sx

Some of the questions are:

What do I get for the $1700-$2100?Does it come with CPU and wire harness?Does it come with all the plumbing and intercooler?Is it a just a motor swap or does come with the tranny like the SRIs it hard to find things down pipes and other power add ons llike the SR?Who would you recamend for shops to by the motor from?

trpower7

Ok, here goes, I think I can answer these.......

1) You get everything NECESSARY for the swap as far as engine transmission harness ECU MAF etc. You WILL need other stuff like guages, belts, fluids, etc.

2) Yes, it comes with ECU and wiring harness

3) I comes with all the plumbing for a STOCK side mount intercooler. Note that a a FMIC (front-mount-intercooler for the new guys) is drastically better but can run you another grand all said and done.

4) It comes with a tranny. Side note, you will want to buy a better clutch while it's all sitting on the floor ;).

5) No it isn't, turbo cars are cheap to upgrade. Intake/Exhuast, SR turbo and manifold, and a boost controller (10 PSI) should get you in the mid 200's add a FMIC and you can go much higher.

6) BUY IT FROM DAUNTTLESS when he is up and running in a month or so. Reputability is so important.........

Daunttless

As far as what comes with the engine for 1700 to 2100 dollars, it depends on who you buy it from.

Mine are 100% complete, engine, ecu, uncut harness, tranny, and stock intercooler/piping. Everything you need. I'll have engines in another month-month and a half. : ) My engines will probably be between 1700 and 1900 dollars, most likely on the higher side of that unfortunately. : )

As far as shops, I'd recommend myself, Unstable-hybrids, or Heavythrottle.

I can quote you some parts I think you'll want/need, if you'd like to email me at [email protected] with a budget. : )

Enjoy your day!

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”