Need C-mod grille help from cmod owners please.

All things Altima Coupe.
blackteam02
Car: Devil in a Blue Dress

ok,today we pick up my grille and attempted to instal it but we ran into a snag (see pic) the top corners of the grille..has to tabs that are bent, now how do i put that through the slot on the stock bumper? we tried bending it but it wont give-it feels as if its going to break!all the other tabs are fine.

Slapped it in anyway because were away from the house + it got dark. we couldnt see squat headed to phx tomorrow, from abq..have to deal with it til we get back i guess... so heres an unofffical pic of the cmod.

Thanks for the help guys!

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

IIRC, those tabs don't actually hook on to anything...they're simply there for support.As long as everything fits right now, you should be just peachy.

Mattv609
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE V6 Azure Blue

lookss sick i want for my coupe to... how much was it to paint?? and lookin at the pic u cut the support bar??? right?

blackteam02

thanx ESP, can always count on you for an answer..you guys are RARE here!ha.so why is the bottom bar of the cmod not flush with the bumber?-well on the passenger side anyway, thought it was because of those bent tabs.maybe just needs more wiggling n jiggling? i dont hav a pic on that right now, its cold outside..so as-is hows it look?btw, im going to order the ViS Terminator tomorrow, wonder if thats going to have fitment issues well see when it gets here huh..

MATTV: yup the support bar is cut, used utility knife (fresh razor). yes i reccomend u buy this! total: $40 even. even got the left over paint from the grille, ill use that for touch-ups

08coupedriver
Car: 2008 Nissan altima coupe 3.5SE CVT

Looks very nicethose tabs were a b**** to get in i actually got one of them in

cant wait for the day time picsany chance ur painting the radiator? i just put a layer of tint spray on mine no problems with the car soo far

ur car looks like a blue version of mine good taste

blackteam02

whaaaaat, go got it in?! ESP said its not suppose to go in(scroll up).u know the bottom part of the grille..well it just doesnt seem to be flush with the bumper,just on the passenger side of the grill.the cmod is further back from the bumper on that side..hmmm

yeah i will have the radiator painted. ill get day time pics up by this weekend 4sure

*notice the cmod box in the back?*

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

I warned you that I might be wrong! LOL! Keep in mind that it has been several months since I installed mine. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the first person on NiCO (after Mehdi...since I bought his) to get it...

When I first saw it, my initial thought was that there was no way in hell those tabs would hook into anything since they're so short. No matter what angle I tried, nothing seemed to work. Something always seemed to to not be fitting quite right (kinda like your bottom right edge...). Then, all of a sudden, it just kinda popped in there and I was a happy camper.

Again, I'm almost positive those tabs are only meant to support the grill and prevent it from falling back into the radiator.

08coupedriver
Car: 2008 Nissan altima coupe 3.5SE CVT

the only reason i was able to get one of them into the tab was because it came slightly broken/loose so i was able to bend it enough to get it into the hook on the other side is still freeno worries thoughits been on for a couple weeks now no problems I had that problem too with it being flush with the bumperits slightly off but not too much of a big deal

we should start altima coupe c-mod club lol

rcboy514
Car: 2013 VW Golf TDI 4dr 6-speed
2008 A/C 3.5 CVT (sold)
2004 BMW 545i V8 >:-)
1991 BMW 535i I-6

the looks AWESOME painted and without the support bar!

keep us updated if you have any sagging issues because of the removal of the bar.

Heels1010

i couldn't get the tabs in either. I just zip tied to grill for extra support. You cant see the black zipties. Wish the guys who sold the grill gave some sort of instructions

THUNDA
Car: 2009 ALtima 2.5

Looks Great love the color match!

Couple of questions i Got a Silver A/c i've been considering either painting the stock grill black or buying a c-mod and having it color matched to the silver (the theme of my car is going to be silver/black)

I live in NYC and its prity cold so i won't be doing any of the work on my car till atleast the weather gets warmer plus that gives me time to get my tax return and spend it all on my car

But Does Cutting the SUpport Bar Void Your warrenty with nissan? thats the only reason i didn't want to do it before

DAAN.

I managed to hook the clips to the bumper - if they do not seem to go in, do not force them as they can break

blackteam02

i got it to sit right after some tugging

check out my other thread, "a couple A/C vids"i take my c-mod grille out for a test drive

YeR iTz MiKe
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe White

where did you buy the grille from?

Suszie17
Car: Nissan Altima 2.5SL

I want to get a stillen cmod grille for my Altima 2007
Where can I find one online ? Anyone has any specific link !? Helpp!!

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”