need advice on buying 2003 nissan altima

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
generalmeng
Car: 2003 Nissan Altima

I totalled my old car and I need to buy a new one, I found this nice colour Nissan online. But I am not allow to post the URL

I would like to know from experiences owners, whats the average life I can expect to get out of this?

2003 Nissan Altima
216000 km (135000 miles)
Seller claim car proof show no accident

How many more km can I get out of this? I know it depends on the service record, which I do not think the dealer will be able to provide.

What should I be look out for to assess the quality of engine and how well the car has been taken care of?
Off the top of my head, I think, look for scratches, leak, check rubber tube conditions, look for tear in the seat.
I have a OBD 2 reader and I will check if they clear any recent code or if the check engine light is on.

This car may need a transmission service, I might be able to knock that off the price tag.

Any tips on how to knock the price down, or any tip check how well the car is would be very appreciated.

Any significant recall for this car? anything that is commonly wrong with this car?

Lastly, does a 2003 Nissan Altima have stability control/traction control like ESP or ABS, anti lock brake system?

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”