Need advice for a '13 Rogue with CVT problems

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jacknrod
Car: 2013 Rogue

So my transmission is failing and after taking it to a dealership I'm given a P0744 code. I'm 30k miles outside of my warranty, but after speaking with Nissan they are willing to cover 75% of the costs to add a cooling kit and replace the valve body. They said the transmission doesn't need replacing because it's still working. This will end up costing me about $800. I'm worried that the transmission will fail sooner than later and that the fluid is not being flushed out. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm hoping the repair costs buy me a few more years with the vehicle.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

That's not terrible, considering it's out of warranty.

I'd do it, cheaper than a new car. Fluid will be replaced when they swap the valvebody.

rowlands57

I can say that proper cooling is key to this as I have installed an external cooler on the second CVT. When you say it's failing does that mean you have gone into 'limp mode' already? If it has reached that state I suppose it's a crap shoot to go with what Nissan offered. If you do take that offer I hope it does work out well for you and I do think it may be worth the attempt.

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

jacknrod wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 pm
So my transmission is failing and after taking it to a dealership I'm given a P0744 code. I'm 30k miles outside of my warranty, but after speaking with Nissan they are willing to cover 75% of the costs to add a cooling kit and replace the valve body. They said the transmission doesn't need replacing because it's still working. This will end up costing me about $800. I'm worried that the transmission will fail sooner than later and that the fluid is not being flushed out. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm hoping the repair costs buy me a few more years with the vehicle.
I have a '13 too. So I assume you have about 90k miles? Was the fluid ever changed?

jacknrod
Car: 2013 Rogue

rowlands57 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:02 pm
I can say that proper cooling is key to this as I have installed an external cooler on the second CVT. When you say it's failing does that mean you have gone into 'limp mode' already? If it has reached that state I suppose it's a crap shoot to go with what Nissan offered. If you do take that offer I hope it does work out well for you and I do think it may be worth the attempt.
About 5 months ago it went into limp mode during a 150 mile road trip. For the past couple of months I've been bugging Nissan to cover the repairs and this is what we finally agreed to. I've avoided going on any more road trips since but I've been using the car to commute to and from work everyday. There's a bit of a burning smell after every drive and just this past week it's been making a slight noise while driving. It goes into the shop this weekend.

rowlands57

I hope the repair does the trick for you. If it does and you keep the vehicle for the long-haul then change the fluid per the schedule to help it keep going longer.

Return to “Rogue Forum”