Need advice after hitting a curb

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
spankme234
Car: 1991 q45

Well while driving tonight the Q's tire blew out. Thats not the bad part. The bad part in that i was unable to gain control and hit the curb at an estimated 30mph. To my surprise the damage didnt seem to be too bad. The rim and tire were in bad shape. After taking off the tire everything looked semigood in their. Their are 2 problems though. The force of the impact broke a bar that extends from the front of the q to the wheel. Does anyone know what that is? I didnt seem to be broken in half rather broken from where it joins the wheel. At the end of the bar it curves out almost like a wrench. The second problem is i think because of the bar snapping off everything is off center by about 1-1 1/2 inch. So it isnt possbile to put a tire on. Does anyone have any idea of what i might have broke and what the repair cost would look like?It is the front drivers side tire. Thanks for any help.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Tough one... I think you're refering to the tension rod. In either case, you just have to work your way back replacing bent parts until you fix everything. Could cost thousands to get it right... do you have collision coverage on your auto insurance?

I had a minor road hazzard incident in 2001 that ended up costing $2700 to repair.

Heath

lino
Car: 1991 Q45a Fed-Spec, IQP/White, Texasoil 9 Accumulator Recharge, '93 TCU 1st Gear Start, JWFSB, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, BBS Forged Wheels, DRLs, Silverstars, Tint, Very Well Serviced.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Maybe if you can post some pictures it will help us see what exactly you are referring to. Some guys here may even have some of these parts lying around and can help you out.

Good Luck

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yeah I still have one extra tension rod laying around, and I think I have a couple of transverse links laying around as well.... I bet one or both of those things is whats messed up.

spankme234
Car: 1991 q45

Well i had my mechanic go look at my car today. He was able to fit my spare on and drive it back to his house. I guess that is a good sign. Im still waiting to hear from him on what is broken. I know the brakes might have gotten a little messed up too. Thanks for all the help i'll keep you guys updated.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”