Need a new LED tv

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
the a3k
Car: 1996 Black S14 RB25

so i need a new tv. right now im using a standard tube and with 360, ps3, bluray, i need something hi def. i looked online for some LED LCD's and i ended up with these 3.

1. Sharp 46LE700UN
2. LG 42LE5400
3. Samsung UN40C6500

which one would you recommend? i like that the samsung and lg have apps built it, the sharp is nice because its full array LED not just edge lit.

I'm looking for a LED, preferably not edge lit, under 1000

thanks

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I'd probably make sure you are including all possible tv's in your price range. LED's can be pretty nice, but the TV's you listed appear to be at the lower end of the LED range. I haven't had a need to shop TV's recently, but I imagine many non-LEDs may outperform (overall) similarly priced LED TVs. Not sure how those particular TV's perform, but given you are connecting 2 gaming systems, I'd make sure to compare how they handle motion.

Lastly, unless you absolutely need a new TV now, you might wait until Black Friday or even the holidays. A lot of great deals show up around then. You might end up being able to buy a better TV with the budget you have in mind or buy one of the TV's you are considering for less than it is now...

the a3k

yea i'm in no rush. i'm just seeing whats out there at the moment. i do wanna stick with LED, preferably full array, but who knows what i'll end up getting.

RCA

the a3k wrote:the sharp is nice because its full array LED not just edge lit.
Edge lit has made leaps and bounds; they are able to produce edge lit glass that looks the same as full lit. I would do some more research on that, maybe it could open up some more options for you. Also the new gen TVs are able to run applications and some are even shooting for the media center category. I would wait a bit so see what's going on for the Christmas season and your not interested in the new stuff, then the older stuff will be heavily discounted.

If I were you, I would subscribe to HD Nation on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TEKHD

It's bundled with Tekzillia, but you can edit your subscription so it's just HD Nation.
They cover everything in living room entertainment. :dblthumb:

the a3k

Thanks for the info. I've been reading some reviews here and there but nothing is picked out yet. Maybe a Christmas gift for myself lol

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

the a3k wrote:so i need a new tv. right now im using a standard tube and with 360, ps3, bluray, i need something hi def. i looked online for some LED LCD's and i ended up with these 3.

1. Sharp 46LE700UN
2. LG 42LE5400
3. Samsung UN40C6500

which one would you recommend? i like that the samsung and lg have apps built it, the sharp is nice because its full array LED not just edge lit.

I'm looking for a LED, preferably not edge lit, under 1000

thanks
Quite honestly, you should be more concerned with a tv that has low Input Lag instead of LED backlighting if you are a fairly avid gamer. All the fancy post-processing and garbage all go for naught when you are gaming, simply because all of that stuff is introducing lag into your games.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”