NEED A MUFFLER

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
TheClevelandSound
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

I want a muffler that makes a deep, good, sound, that is on the cheaper side, THAT 100% FITS THE VERSA. Anyone?

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

I like my stillen. But if you want a full catback I'd get the same one blind has.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

how cheap?i have magnaflow part #14215, i think i paid like $110 shipped from summit

TheClevelandSound

I was thinking more $80 and below, i dont have much money to spend on the car. I just want a nice sound. Not a full exhuast system. Just a muffler. But most importantly, it has to fit, for sure.

blindsnyper

http://store.summitracing.com/...w=sku

it is universal so it will fit the V

shipping is $10

TheClevelandSound

blind_snyper wrote:

it is universal so it will fit the V
Famous last words. Ive bought three "universal mufflers"

None fit the V.

Sorry man.

and p.s., I already checked out summit racing. I live 20 min away from their world HQ.

Johniboi
Car: Versa

ive been in the same situation with the universal mufflers...what im thinking about doing is going to a body shop and get it custom made done..like what they could do is add a pipe to the muffler or exhaust to make it full length and that should do it. I havent done it yet cause ive been busy but hopefully by the end of next month ill have it installed onto the car

Nismo V
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S 2008 Scion xB 2.4L

I did the magnaflow muffler + tip way back it cost me $130 with piping 2.25 from the front resonator-muffler back didn't want it loud just mellow so I don't have to turn the radio up just to hear it.

The style that fits looks like this

This muffler usually runs $80 out the door welding it on is about $30-$50 depending on the shop, oh yeah tips are extra if you want one.

NV

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

What about just removing the resonator? The only cost would be to replace it with an empty pipe. Should have more grunt through the stock muffler. High flow mufflers just don't make a small 4 cylinder sound "deep" no matter what brand it is. At least in my opinion. It still sounds raspy and obviously like a small engine to me.

blindsnyper

TheClevelandSound wrote:
Famous last words. Ive bought three "universal mufflers"

None fit the V.
i am suggesting this muffler because it is the same size as the one i have on my V and it fits.
Nismo V wrote:
The style that fits looks like this
either get one that is center inlet/offset outlet, or offset/offset. you can get center/center, like i have, but it hangs lower because of the outlet side.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”