Need a little help deciding on an offset...

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Hey guys! Been a while, but I am slowly coming back. Looking for a little help deciding on an offset for my wheels. Will be using CCW LM5's so I can pretty much chose ANY offset I so please, I just am not very savvy with that kind of stuff when it comes to understanding how to choose, and determining proper offset.

It's a fairly uncommon setup for an S14. I've come across a few people running the same size fronts, but no one with the rears.

I am going to have Stance GR+Pro coilovers on the car, and I understand that they may stick out past the stock body (which is where my metal working and body skills are going to come in handy) but all I care for is clearance on the suspension.

The wheel and tire sizes are as follows....

Front - 17x9.5 with Kumho Ecsta XS 255/40/17
Rear - 17x11 with Kumho Ecsta XS 295/35/17

Both tires are 25" tall if that means a whole lot. Just looking for a little help.

Without actually having the car here (it's put away for the winter) or the wheels, it's hard for me to actually sit and figure this out with my lack of knowledge in this area. I will continue to search around here and other forums, but in the mean time if I could get some guidance or help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys and Happy New Year to all! :cheers:

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

S14 are deceptive. I've seen them running 18x9.5+20 up front, while S13's usually need around a +12 offset to fit 9.5inch wheels. This would lead you to believe that S14's should easily fit more rubber than S13's. But from what I've seen, The most rubber that either car can fit easily up front seems to be 235's.

And thats with a roll. Beyond that, get ready to pull out your wheel well lining, beat the tubs with a hammer and pull the fenders. 255's will fit. It'll just take some work. I've seen S14's running 265's amd 275's up front too though. No idea how they are doing that. I'm guessing bigger tubs & widened metal fenders.

MeanGreenS13

Well, the plan is for tubs up front and possibly some aftermarket fenders if needed. Because I want to do some time attack and occasional track days at Lime Rock Park in CT with the car, I refuse to run silly camber to make the wheels fit. I want it to be fully functional and have as much lateral grip as I possibly can get.

simmode1

Sounds like a good plan then. I think the reason S14's are known to fit more rubber than S13's is because their LCA are something like 10mm longer than S13's. I think this is what allows S14's to run higher offset wheels up front... but not that high.

But an extra 10mm ain't exactly a whole lot of space. S14's probably have better designed wheel arches, so that is probably another reason why they fit more rubber. But still, fitting more the 235 starts getting difficult without modifying tubs and fenders.

But the guys in the other forums 'Maximum Tire (Rubber) Fitment thread' are the experts in this subject, though. You might wanna google it.

MeanGreenS13

I'll look into it. Really all I am looking for is assistance on making sure I can clear the coilovers. Since I am going with CCW wheels, It's kind of a one shot deal. If i chose the wrong offset, I could be in a lot of trouble cause the wheels are $700 each easily from what I have seen.

simmode1

Hey, update your profile to accept PM's. I'll shoot you a link.

MeanGreenS13

Fixed, sorry... Been away from Nico for almost a year... All kinds of new things HAHA!

simmode1

Link sent. But off hand, I'd say something like 18x9.5+20 & 18x11+30 would fit under stock fenders. How much rubber you can put on them depends on how low you wanna go. But if you are gonna get new tubs and overfenders... Then all this goes out the window.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”