Navigation Version

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
rrosen
Car: 2013 M37 rwd

My friend just got a new 2014 Altima SL and the navigation SD card wasn't in it. Salesman ran in, got a card and put it in and navigation works. However, since the salesman was pretty slip shod, she wants to be sure she got the latest version.

You would think it would be easy to find out what the latest version is. Well, the Nissan Navigation web site doesn't say, just says if you have a 2014 you have the latest version. So she calls Nissan customer support to find out the version. After a lot of phone transfers they say "you must have the latest version since it's a new car." So she asks Nissan on Facebook. Same answer with the added comment "hope this solves your frustration."

Does anyone know what the latest version number is on the nav software?

Hers says:

Release: sd2-CONNECT-NAV_2013_NAR_R3/v6
Version: 2427361921

The fact that it says 2013 is somewhat concerning.

Westly197
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV Metallic Slate with Navigation

Don't worry, they will try and sell you the 2014 maps in 2015 for $149, that's what they did on my 2013 Altima...

rrosen
Car: 2013 M37 rwd

If someone is going to try and get me this info, here are the steps to get the version/release info:

1) Press the APPS button on the console. On the button, the word APPS is actually followed by the letter "i" in a square.

2) Then on the screen itself, click on SETTINGS.

3) Then on the screen itself, click on NAVIGATION.

4) Then on the screen itself, scroll down using the down arrow underneath the scroll bar, and then click on MAP DATABASE VERSION.

The info will appear on the screen.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”