navigation

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
papka2
Car: QX60, G20 '99

Hello all!

Just picked up QX60 in Emerald Graphite on graphite. Nice colors, however it had only premium package on it, nothing else :tisk: . while I enjoy nice quality music, I want to have navigation as well. What are my options of adding navigation to the stock setup? Would it be worth it or put in completely brand new head unit? I drove JX35 for a month which was fully loaded, and I got used to Bluetooth sound steaming and I can download phone book to it, and nav itself was pretty good for in car nav unit (very robust and to the point).

All and any suggestions are appreciated!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

If it were me, I'd just get a garmin or tomtom or something like that, rather than trying to mess with the stock unit. Free upgrades, and overall they work better, and will be a LOT cheaper. How often do you really think you'll use the navigation unit? I bet most the time you know where you're going... ;)

papka2
Car: QX60, G20 '99

Sorry, wrong suggestion! I live in Seattle area and travel quite a bit around. I do not want any tangling wires, and OK with messing with head unit :)

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

You should be able to add the OEM navigation to your vehicle. You will need to simply purchase all the components and have it installed. The dealership may not be willing to do this on your vehicle due to insurance/warranty issues. But you should be able to do the install yourself or have an experienced audio shop install the OEM components for you. Keep in mind do this install will be pricey due to parts alone.

Your second option is to determine if anyone makes an OEM like aftermarket navigation system that you can install into your vehicle. Similar to the products that www.rosenelectronics.com make.

Draaven
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60

I have the navigation in my 2014.. I've only had it for a week or 2 but it is definately not worth the money on it's own... with inifiniti connect it may be better but I'm not paying $300 a year to test that. my phone's google maps and garmin are better and cheaper.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”