Navigation System Questions

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Mr3dPHD
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3L AWD

Hi everyone! So I just became the proud owner of a 2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3L AWD beast. It's amazing! It did not, however, come with the navigation SD.

First question: Are there any alternatives to paying $130 for this thing!?
Second question: Is there any way to get navigation using an alternative app? Perhaps using my smart phone? I'm assuming the answer is no since I don't have Android Auto.

Any information would be hugely helpful. Thanks!

Nav data needed: INFINITI Navigation First Generation SD Map Update Version 11.5 for United States and Canada

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Did you buy the car through a dealership? Was it sold 'AS IS'? Hopefully you purchased it from an Infiniti dealership. If so, go back and tell them that the SD card is missing, rendering the head unit almost useless. Insist that they find the original, or pay to replace it. Keep in mind that the original probably won't be the current 11.5, but it beats paying $130 to replace it.

Often times a dealership will rob Peter to pay Paul, and may have snatched yours to put in another vehicle. Even though it's keyed to the NAVI ID on your navigation system, they have a workaround for that.

The card is written with proprietary Unix software, so unfortunately that means you can't ask someone to make a copy for you.

One other thought. From time to time the map updates do go on sale for $99. I'm not sure how you get on a mailing list to be notified of updates and discounts.

Mr3dPHD
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3L AWD

Oh man, I was hoping that wasn't the answer! I did not buy it from an Infiniti dealer. It was "as is". I guess I'm just screwed.

So i did see some on eBay for cheaper than $130 (not by much). Should I assume there's a slim chance I'll be able to get it to work because of what you said about the NAVI ID?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I buy all sorts of things on eBay, but this wouldn't be one of them. I checked other Infiniti forums (don't tell the boss), and the general consensus is that you'd be wasting your money.

Memorial Day is coming up, as is July 4th, so the map company may offer a discount if you don't mind waiting a bit.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”