Navigation issue, have you experienced this??

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
ritu_o0o
Car: Infiniti JX35 (Premium, Driver Assist, and Theater Package)

Not sure if any of you guys had experienced it, my navigation goes crazy when I use “Places” to find on the way destination.

For ex. Other day I was at Kinkos for binding some peppers, they did not have the binding option I was looking for so they suggested me to other Kinkos which was a couple of miles away. I was not sure the exact location; neither I had an address, I selected “Places” in destination from my JX35 navigation, then tried searching by category name “Near current location”, the closest result was 54 miles away!! :wtf2: Thank god I had my iPhone to get proper directions.

I noticed, if I search any destination in “places” for ex “UPS” in “Near current location” it would not show the closest one! :werd: (But it will show, if I specifically mention the city/address) Any one of you have had this issue, can you please try searching by name in “Places” and check the result with Google map? if you know what is going on, please educate me!!

Thanks

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Yeah. the places is not all that great in any of the infiniti's nav system. Its not even that great in the ford or acura nav either. nice thing though is that you should have infiniti personal assistant that you could call.

ritu_o0o

Thanks Fezzik for clarifying this. my Prius does great job at this!!

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Sometimes, you do have to give it a little bit of time. It's taken a minute for it to find a store in some instances.

alloveru
Car: 2013 - JX35
2011 - loaded suburb outback aka garbage

well, if you live in Canada the "places" feature is absolutely useless, same with Zagat (unless you live in Toronto).
Basically I have to know the address of something before I even bother trying to enter it into the navigation. good thing for smart phones!
My wifes Subaru is even worse.

ritu_o0o

alloveru wrote:well, if you live in Canada the "places" feature is absolutely useless, same with Zagat (unless you live in Toronto).
Basically I have to know the address of something before I even bother trying to enter it into the navigation. good thing for smart phones!
My wifes Subaru is even worse.
Surprisingly my Toyota Prius does awesome job in finding nearby things!

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”