Nav Touch Swap with higher Resolution Display 2013 g37

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
alberto555552
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37xS Coupe

I have a 2013 Infiniti G37 with navigation, I work for a Nissan dealership and have noticed that the 2016 and up 370z with navigation now have a higher resolution display than before. It used to be they shared the same navigation system and display set up was practically identical including the display, yesterday when I got into a new Z I noticed the display resolution on the nav had been bumped up and the display was much sharper, considering everything else with navigation and interface appears to be unchanged from previous years, my question is would I be able to simply purchase the display from the new 370z and swap it into my G37 ? Would the parts fit? I want to assume it would because no major parts appear to have changed at all, if anyone knows the specific part numbers for the Displays and whether something like that would works please let me know

This is especially important to me right now because I purchased a grom vline system that plugs into the display system to give me Android auto onto them existing touch display, and it would look so much nicer if I had it working on a higher resolution display in my car! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Sell old car, get new car, utilize employee discount, win!

You can't swap just a screen (they need a matching computer to control the screen), but possibly the entire nav unit. Would need same wiring, same programming, same features. This is not likely and a quick side by side comparison of the parts could settle the physical side of things, then a spec sheet comparison could settle the features and communications side of things. That display unit is over a grand from Nissan/Infinity. Might be cheaper to go with my first idea depending on your cars miles. :)

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”