nav system hack

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
marcella
Car: rogue sv

Has anyone found a way to hack the nav system? I I think it is VERY stupid that you cannot find emergency sites (ie hospitals police stations) while you are driving. However if I am not mistaking you can find some non emergency places - I think it was restaurants or shopping, but I am not sure. How stupid is that? Any suggestions of hacking the system?

MaximA32
Car: '98 Maxima (RIP)
'04 Maxima - Traded
'06 Mazda 6S- Traded
'15 Altima

NICO does not advocate nor advise on how to circumvent factory safety systems.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

From a 3rd party site:

You will need to order a navigation map update DVD from Navteq direct and then install the software directly via the disc drive in your car or vehicle. Some website forums might contain instructions on how you can get around this by using a hack or torrent and then burning the Navteq maps to a DVD – but this is not advisable.

Unfortunately, because the GPS is in the dashboard, you will need to purchase a Navteq DVD in order to update the GPS maps. It is not possible to download Navteq Software or maps from the Internet, you will need to purchase an official Navteq Navigation Disc. If you do purchase an official DVD then you will benefit from accurate, official, and the most up to date directions possible. You will not have this guarantee if you try to do a Navteq CD download – which is also illegal as well as potentially harmful to your PC and navigation system.

If you have seen websites that claim to offer a free download Navteq maps then please be very cautious. It is known for these websites to carry viruses, and will not only potentially infect your PC, but could also damage your car’s navigation system leading to costly and expensive repair bills via your official dealer. In addition to that, every Navteq disc comes with a unique serial number for the customer, and without that it is impossible to install and update the Navteq GPS maps – with a free download.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

marcella wrote:Has anyone found a way to hack the nav system? I I think it is VERY stupid that you cannot find emergency sites (ie hospitals police stations) while you are driving. However if I am not mistaking you can find some non emergency places - I think it was restaurants or shopping, but I am not sure. How stupid is that? Any suggestions of hacking the system?
Given the inherent limitations, why bother? Frankly IMHO I'd just replace the entire unit, rather than trying to monkey with it. I like a good challenge, but this ain't it.

Qashqai

...or buy a handheld TomTom or Garmin and use only the audio functions of the head unit. I knew upgrading would be a problem, that was the primary reason why I didn't get the SL with nav. The secondary reason was the finger prints on the screen!

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

Why pay extra for a vehicle with Nav, when Google Maps is free on your phone.

Return to “Rogue Forum”