Nav System Hack

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
ferraridude
Car: 2006 Armada

Okay, I know this question has been asked a million times, but I can't seem to find an answer as is pertains to the Armada.....only other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.

1. Is it possible to over-ride the function of the Nav system that you have to click "okay" each time you start the car?

2. Is is possible to over-ride the system so I can program the Nav system while I'm driving.

I see a lot of into on this for other cars, but not the Armada. Help!

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Sorry for the way late response, but I would imagine it is possible. I know it is possible on the earlier G35s. It just required that you temporarily disconnect the speed signal between the ecu and the nav unit. This allows you to program the unit while in motion, but the drawback is that the nav won't update your position on the map until you recponnect the signal. The ones I've heard of that have done this used a switch to disconnect and reconnect the signal.

To bypass the disclaimer screen, there are a couple of products out there, but it will likely require that you access and solder straight to a circuit board. I've seen some products that do this, but at the moment, the only one I can find is here:

http://www.kptechnologies.com/

they use a flash site so you'll have to click on products, then the NavigationOK Bypass links. There are three versions you can choose from. I'm not sure how the aux output on these work, but it sounds like you may be able to use it to allow programming the nav during movement according to that site.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”