Nav Screen - DVD Movie

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
acarnut

I think back seat passengers can see the nav screen pretty well. Can it play DVD movies? That will save having to install a ceiling unit. Thanks!

briguynyc

Are you joking? There is no way you will be able to play a movie while driving. That is a liability lawsuit waiting to happen. And installing a ceiling unit in the ex35 sounds a little bit silly. Have you sat in the car yet. It is not really as big as all that.

Barry Zack

Briguy,

He is from the left coast ...... you know ...... where all the fruits, nuts and berries come from.

Zack

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

ok guys enough joking.

you must admit the back seat center console were the air vents are located is pretty lame compaired with the competition. no rear entertainment unit or programmable temperature are clear indications this ain't a family car. I said it before... it ain't a towing and it ain't a wagon.

It's a fat G37 high on legs with a shorter *** and with 2 extra doors... and it's all for me!

Ciao for now

I'm picking it up tomorrow, wish me luck.

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

dvdmovies play if you are i Park mode and with the hand brake ACTIVATED AS WELL.

acarnut

Thanks Michel. I was hoping for an answer, not remarks like the first responder, and you delivered!

Mark Booth

michel wrote:dvdmovies play if you are i Park mode and with the hand brake ACTIVATED AS WELL.
Michel,

I'd sure like to know how you played a DVD movie! The player on my EX35 is clearly marked with the Compact Disc logo with no DVD logo to be found. The Infiniti website shows a 6-disc CD changer (non-Nav models) and a single-disc CD player (Nav models). There is not mention of DVD anywhere.

Just to try it out, I stuck a DVD into the CD slot this afternoon. I got a disc error message. No go!

So, please explain. Are you using a portable DVD player plugged into the A/V jacks in the center console?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Booth

Well, I've poured through the owner's manual again and I can't find any reference to watching a DVD movie on the nav screen. I shot Michel an E-mail and he replied that he was busy and he'd reply to the topics here within 48 hours or so. I sure am looking forward to knowing how he did this.

Mark

lkp730
Car: EX35 RWD

Just picked up my EX35 yesterday. The dealer told me that you can play DVDs on the car as long as you provide your own DVD player that hooks up to the AV jacks. The car has to be in the parked position.

Mark Booth

Michel responded to my E-mail and said that he played video on the nav screen by connecting a portable player to the A/V jacks. That's what I expected, but his messages here on the subject were so brief that they seemed to suggest he simply played them in the onboard CD slot. I began to wonder if the Canadian spec EX35s came equipped with DVD players.

I have ordered a iPod A/V Cable for the iPod Video I keep in the EX35. The iPod A/V Cable connects to the headphone jack on the iPod. It outputs L & R audio and composite video to three RCA plugs. They will attach right up to the EX35's A/V connectors in the center console and I can then play movies and video files on the Nav screen. The nice part about the iPod A/V cable using the headphone jack is that I can keep the EX35's dock connector attached to the iPod to charge it while playing the video.

Mark

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”