N Sport Turbo Install

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
S13Owner

How long (for you guys that installed the nsport turbo yourself) did it take?

And another question, I live in CA (...blah blah blah emmissions...blah blah blah...smog tests..) If I were to uninstall the turbo system(for smog/legal purposes), would it affect the original emmisions of the KA?

Theoretically, it seems like it would work; just undo everything that's included in the Nsport kit, right?

DaveEEE

Well, if almost everything goes wrong.... which it did in my install, it will take 3-4 days.

-david, 93 ka24det

BinaryVertigo

what went wrong with your setup daveEEE

DaveEEE

The motor did not seat back fully into its mounts once it was dropped back in after tapping the oil pan.... this caused a couple more events, including needing new motor mounts. My oil return was pinched up and needed to be re-routed. If you know what you are doing however, you shouldn't have these problems, as no one else that I know of has.

-david, 93 ka24det

brage

Is it absoluytely necesary to remove the motor to tap the oil pan?

-Jeff

DaveEEE

No, it's not..... the other method is to drop the front suspension. Which, we should have done.. live and learn.

-David

sticky_icky_rice
Car: i have a lot of hobbies

charity fund for me to buy myself a turbo kit loooool j/k:pface

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Why didnt it sit back into its mounts fully?

Rick

lowpsi

Daveee, At what RPM do you get full boost??thanx....Z

DaveEEE

4k RPM.....

And on the engine mounts: Installer fault?

-david, 93 ka24det

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

not to open this can of worms again, but the bolt we took off the upper motor mount was bolted back down when we droped the motor again.

And if you pull the lower subframe you still have to pull the motor mounts off and then you also have to re-align the car. Plus it's a LOT more stuff to un-bolt.

brage

Lets make this thread of use to others in the future... what other caveats are there? lets make this thread useful for people installing nsport kits! please detail any other install problems/best practices,etc.

DaveEEE

Well, I personally would think it will go pretty smooth as long as the engine seats back down correctly.... That pretty much just caused a chain of events to happen.

-david, 93 ka24det

BinaryVertigo

MV240....looking at your engine bay...i see no maf...do you have stand alone or are you utilizing the blow thru setup? thanks

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

it's a blow through using a Z32 MAF in that 3in chunk of pipe right in front of the throttle body.

After I installed it I noticed a bunch of nice improvements, mostly in throttle response and the fact that it dosn't stumble now when the BOV opens (or leaks).

And for those who wonder I have yet to notice any ill effects due to the blow through.

later,

PaulOrlando, FL

BinaryVertigo

that's cool...i was thinking about doing the same thing...nice to have some1 already pioneered it for me...i think right infront of the tb is the best place too put it too since there wouldnt be that much back/forth movement of the mass of air....nice setup =oD

Wolf240SX
Car: Tuning my car, working on friends cars

hey another thing to watch for is when installing the Nsport kit is when routing the oil feed line becareful not to rout it to close to the alternator I did this and when I went to start the car I fried the oil line. Cost me 50 bucks to get a new one. I have a1991 240. When i reinstalled the new one I encased it in a rubber hose to prevent frying it ever again.

midnightsliding

do any of you guys have any pics of ur oil pan tap.? how the final product came out..thanks if anybody dose, i need help!!!!!!!

Structure240sx

go look on nsport's site nsport.com they have a pic of the oil pan tap

bruinbear714

I remember some time ago someone said you can purchased a pre-welded oil pan from XS for $75 + core charge... I live about five mins from XS's new facility, so when I have time I'll drop by their place and ask them.

If they do offer pre-welded oil pans, that'll be sweet!

Structure240sx

i can sell u a prewelded oil pan if u send me the fitting for half that. i have 2 extra pans i can do this on if anyone is interested

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”