N/A VG30de Removal Guide

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
asad.nate
Car: 1993 300zx N/A 2+0

Hello Everyone!
I am new to NICO club and just purchased my first z! She's a project na z32. Unfortunately, engine has to come out. Would anyone be able to point me to a diy guide for pulling the engine. The only guides I have found are for the tt model, and I'd love to find one specific to the N/A vg30de. I have tried to use the search function, but it gives me a permission error. (I'm assuming this has to do with the new account/activation stuff).
Thanks in advance!

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

asad.nate wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:17 am
Hello Everyone!
I am new to NICO club and just purchased my first z! She's a project na z32. Unfortunately, engine has to come out. Would anyone be able to point me to a diy guide for pulling the engine. The only guides I have found are for the tt model, and I'd love to find one specific to the N/A vg30de. I have tried to use the search function, but it gives me a permission error. (I'm assuming this has to do with the new account/activation stuff).
Thanks in advance!
Welcome!
There is a factory service manual in the "Everything you need...Z32" sticky at the top of the page, the engine removal section starts on page EM45. It covers both engines, I assume you ignore the turbo parts but the rest is mostly the same for both engines except as noted.
Hope this helps!

asad.nate
Car: 1993 300zx N/A 2+0

Thank You!
I actually came across that document. I was wondering if anyone produced a detailed "DIY". The service manual seemed sort of vague, like "remove vacuum lines, remove fuel lines, remove wiring harness". It didn't really detail where each component is and what specifically to take off. I will use that to start off though.
Thanks again!

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

You're welcome!
I've not done a pull myself but the removal is easiest obviously as you remove anything that holds you up more or less, and what's most important is a good system to label parts/connections for future re-assembly. If unable to name the part/connection, simply make two matching labels for both sides (ConR12 for example, for connector right side #12) with ascending numbers, making SURE to use them each time, and some even will make a chart listing the parts/etc. and their numbers. The fsm's charts also can help with naming parts later. LOTS of things to keep track of, this all will help you sort it out later when it's time to re-assemble and install.
Our two other moderators here (Ace2cool and NoLimit) are both VERY experienced with removals and such, hopefully they weigh in with more that may also help you out more.
Good Luck!

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”