Mysterious little light near map lights

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
pania

Does anyone know what the little light is that's up near the passenger side map light? It shines on the passenger when the headlights are on. I looked in the manual, but besides being included in drawings of the map light, I can't seem to find anything about it.... (pg. 2-52 - little circle on the right)

Thanks!

Frenchie
Car: EX 35

I just saw it too last week.This light open since I settle the Welcome light correctly.I got my car since two months ans that light never light.

No details in the manual in french or in english !

Very useful to see details on page of paper !Bring a nice atmosphere when you drive in the night.Is someone has a better explanation ?

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

When I saw the light I figured it was for lighting up the shifter and drink holder.

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

It's a luxury car "mood light." Many new luxury vehicles have them. To greatly enhance your driving ecstasy at nighttime. And to help you feel all warm & fuzzy inside. To put you "in the mood." For what, is up to you. Oh yeah, & also so can find stuff you put in the center console/cup holders without having to turn on your super-bright map lights.

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

That light does come in handy when entertaining the ladies at lovers point.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

It is called "ambient lighting" my fellow Nissan/Infiniti enthusiasts. My '08 Armada has it, as well as my '09 Murano. Very useful for looking at notes while driving at night time, or if your kid drops his toy, that way you don't have to turn on the cabin lights and blind yourself.

I think the last two posts really explained it well!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”