my xterra 02 fill to heavy to heavy went i driving

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
lucky9251

i have a 2002 xterra that a being having problem the car fill to heavy went i am driving , went i go uphill it take to long to get 50 miles hrs , i dont know what it is, i only have 28.000 miles on the car and every thing is okay but it has lost alot off horse power in the last 2 yrs, event went diving to the supermarket the car fill to heavy for the engine to pull

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

lucky9251 wrote:i have a 2002 xterra that a being having problem the car fill to heavy went i am driving , went i go uphill it take to long to get 50 miles hrs , i dont know what it is, i only have 28.000 miles on the car and every thing is okay but it has lost alot off horse power in the last 2 yrs, event went diving to the supermarket the car fill to heavy for the engine to pull

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

The Engrish aside, when you say it feels too heavy....is the check engine light on at all? Are your tires properly inflated? Is it an auto or manual transmission?

Your detail are sketchy at best, and it's hard to understand your post.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

lucky9251 wrote:i have a 2002 xterra that a being having problem the car fill to heavy went i am driving , went i go uphill it take to long to get 50 miles hrs , i dont know what it is, i only have 28.000 miles on the car and every thing is okay but it has lost alot off horse power in the last 2 yrs, event went diving to the supermarket the car fill to heavy for the engine to pull.
Loose Translation:

I own a 2002 Xterra that I am having a problem with. The truck feels too heavy when I am driving it. ( Like it's pulling a heavy trailer ). I only have 28,000 miles on it and everything else seems ok but it seems like it has been losing power compared to 2 years ago. I only went the supermarket ( short drives ) and the car feels heavy or underpowered.

RESPONSE:

Sounds to me like an Emergency brake cable or the rear brakes have seized up and are holding a rear wheel or both rear wheels.

Question for the owner: Are the back wheels really hot after a short drive? Can you tell if the emergency brake is working correctly? If the rear wheels are really hot....almost red hot, then the brakes are seized and they need repair.....right away.

The only other thing I can think of: If its an automatic transmission the transmission may have damage or the filter could be plugged. If it's a standard perhaps the clutch is worn out and it's not grabbing properly.

lucky9251

well my emerg brake are okay, but 2 weeks ago i went to the dealer and they said that my ABS wasnt working ,so i spend $700 and they check everything else i think. for the tranmission is automatic, how do i know if tranmission need to be repair?

the one think thAT i can think off is one day i was teaching my sister to drive them she put the car in parking went the car was moving abouth 7mhr, them the tranmission made sound like the gear were breaking inside ,them from that day i never let my sister used my car. but everything was okay, and that happend 2yrs ago

i am going to replace the tranmission filter this weekend and put some injector cleaning soluction on the gas. and see if the compression of the engine, to see if has lost some power.

sorry for my english

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

Places like Aamco will usually do a free inspection on your transmission. Might be a good idea to take them up on that.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”