My wife got the first ticket in the M45 ... Ouch!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Doing 60 in a 45 zone, the San Jose police officer pulled her out of a bunch of cars and gave just her the ticket! :mad: She was going with the flow - some people were even faster than her - but the guy deliberately picked her out of the group.

But the far more vastly annoying thing? She did not want to pull over exactly where she was driving on that road ("Capital Expressway" in San Jose), so she made a right turn into another street and then into a parking lot. The cop gave her a "evading the officer" ticket too (I do not know the exact legal item, since I am on a business trip. but I am going to look it up when I get back home.) This is completely ridiculous! In this day and age of fake cops and the like, she did the right thing to find a busy place to talk to the guy! I am going to get her to go to court and fight this one - not the speed, since she admitted that she was going faster than the limit - but the one about not stopping!

Z

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Fred..:(

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

that sucks. cops know when you're going to try to run and when your not. i'd fight it too.

-demetrius

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

You've got to fight that. That is a ridiculous ticket. Sorry to hear about the tickets. You've only had the car a short time and they are already coming.

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

In Alabama, "Attempting to allude" is a serious offense, and is punishable by up to a year in prison, and revokation of one's driver's license.

It is a mandatory court appearance.

It is also a bull$hit ticket, that officer's give when they are pissed off about something.:uzi

I know, I got one afew years ago. Was being passed by a red 240, while trying to turn in to a grocery store (he passed me on the right, in the turn lane). I was forced to go straight, then turned around at the next intersection, to return to the grocery store. One cop nailed the 240, and one came after me. I was with my wife in my Nissan truck! I got pissed at the cop, and argued with him (bad mistake). I called the prosecutor, and he dropped the "Attempting to allude", but upheld the 69 in a 45 (I was going about 15 MPH!, and trying to turn!):bsflag Call the City prosecuter, now! Explain the situation (A brand-new $48,000.00 car sitting on the side of an expressway is dangerous).

The prosecuter does not want to send your wife to jail, so he will dismiss it. Ask to disnmiss the ticket, as well, for traffic school.

Hope my experience helps.

dezm45

That's definitely BULL___ .. you gotta fight that ticket ! She should have offered to take him out for donuts, he would have felt better ...

Damn cops -- they IGNORE broad-daylight drug dealing to go after crap like this -- pathetic.

tpuig

I'm sure your wife can explain to the judge that Capitol Expressway has a lot of fast traffic and she didn't want to stop there and put the officer's safety in jeopardy... which is the only reason she turned off. Just looking for a safer location... TP

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”