my uncle is in a band, lol

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

he wants to play with me because they dont get to practice too much as they are all pretty busy guys. he sent me a list of songs to play when we get together probably monday but they all suck.

its like "time of your life" by greenday etc... i want to play with him but i DONT want to violate my principles and sully my guitars with that poop. suggest some easy songs that he would be able to learn sort of quickly that dont suck from the classic rock and/or adult contemporary pop genre?

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

I play a lot of **** and after I practice the metal it seems like I always end up playing Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Beautiful song and easy to play. I also end up playing Over the Hills and Far Away by Zeppelin a lot, but that might be pushing the whole "learn quickly" thing.

ScrapMetal
Car: 1999 Chevrolet S10, 1991 Ford Bronco 5.0

Play some metalcore stuff with him. Believe it or not, most metalcore songs are just super simple power cords in drop D or C. Try some As I Lay Dying or It Dies Today, most of their songs you could learn in a day. I go to http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ d/l some tabs and just practice. If it was me, I'd just play the Greenday songs with him, I hate Greenday, but hey it's your uncle, how many people have a cool uncle who plays in a band...not me.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

he can play rhythm and i can play lead fine but it would have to be pretty slow. i think he's used to reggae and stuff like that more than anything else. any contemporary rock he listens to or knows probably came from his kids and they are too young to like anything good yet.

i thought about just sending him a list of mine and seeing if he knows any of it.

Return to “The Music Room”