My Trunk Won't Open 2009 Maxima SV

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
10aCMike
Car: 2009 Nissan Maxima SV

My trunk will not open.

Yes I've checked the valet button in the glove box, I even bought a new actuator and replaced the old one. Weeks before it stopped working I would often close the trunk, it would beep several times then reopen on its own. One day I opened the trunk, closed it, returned at few minutes later and it wouldn't open with the key fob nor the inside trunk release. When I press either button there is no sound whatsoever. I've been opening my trunk with the safety release through the back seat.

I saw a couple of post on the board saying they had the same problem and it ended up being a broken wire, but neither indicated exactly where this broken wire was.

I have a 2009 Maxima SV. Is there a fuse or relay to check before tearing my trunk apart? Any other suggestions?

macgiver

mac, definately a fuse - in one of the fusebox locations , not typically (experienced guess) any relays"inline" going out to a trunk actuator - for they take little current and are not considered a "continually" operating part , factors for relay assignments :lolling: You would SUBSTITUTE another fuse and if not that - take a 12V test-light and head to the trunk latch -mechanism area and do "logical" testing utilizing a helper pushing buttons as you test wiring :yesnod

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”